Chapter 17: Awkward.

This is so awkward.

I still can't believe something like that happened yesterday? And just when I thought I'd relax a bit and enjoy this paradise, all of a sudden a beautiful Mermaid tempts me into committing a sin.

Except, is it really a sin if my and Penelope's relationship is pretty unclear, and unstable in the first place?

No, what am I saying!? Of course it's still a sin!

But, then...I am a Leviathan! A conquerer of the Seas! But she's so beautfiul! And she's pretty open-minded, if our conversation yesterday was anything to go by.

I mean, Despite already saying I had someone in my life, she didn't mind it, although I can't tell if she was stating it was fine because she isn't here, or if it's fine because she plans on stealing me from her.

Agh! Screw this! I'm done thinking, I'm just gonna stand here, let the king do his speech thing, and then blend into the environment to avoid having to talk to her.

Shit, our eyes met.

Stop giving me that sidelong glance, you weak-ass king!

Sigh.

If you're curious as to what is going on, basically, the king decided to announce my existence, and my "Visit" publicly to the nobles.

It's basically just him using me for his politics, nothing surprising I guess.

I wouldn't exactly want to bore you with the Kings long ass speech, seriously, it went on for at least five hours, how he could talk for so long is beyond me. Let alone how anyone could write that much.

Maybe Penelope...? No, I shouldn't go in expecting she'd be anything but negative about it. Besides, I somehow get the feeling the moment she finds out, she'd high tail it out of wherever she is, and come crashing through the door in a heartbeat.

Which is kinda badass, and hot, now that I think about it. No, wait, what am I thinking so suddenly? Wicked thoughts begone!

Ugh. This paradise has turned out to be a place of temptation...

Maybe I should just leave? But then the King did just announce my stay here for a week, so it'd be hard to dip after that, I'm a cultured individual after all!

But, seriously though, maybe I should tell Penelope? Our relationship isn't entirely clear, so perhaps...

Just as I was about to continue my train of a thought the King gave me a nudge to the arm.

"Ahem." He groaned.

"Huh? Oh, right." I had completely forgotten what I was supposed to do.

Thankfully the King warned me ahead of time.

I bestowed that old compass over to the King, and then used my transformation skill to allow me to adjust my original forms size to fit within the palace, even still, my transformation caused quite the amusing rucus.

(That's right, cower in terror over my presence! Bwahahaha!) I laughed to myself.

There were two shady guys I noticed using my presence detect who seemed to not react towards my form, but instead towards the compass I gave the King.

Just as I was about to make a move and apprenhend them though, I was swarmed with questions from nobles, and many of them, still terrified, tried selling off their daughters to have a good relationship with me.

Come on people! I know you're nobles, but I'm not some lusty pervert!

Try as I might, these people were constantly getting in the way while all I could do was watch as those shady guys secretly stole the compass from the King.

Dude, seriously, they just snatched from you, how did you not notice? This isn't the Elder Scr*lls!

It wasn't until I saw them headed towards Adella that I gave up being nice.

"Sorry about this, but you people have stopped me for long enough." I said, using my transformation skill and superior speed I quickly wound through the nobles, not caring if I bumped into them, or whatever else, and just blasted through the crowd towards the shady people.

As soon as they saw me, they panicked and quickly caught Adella while she was off guard.

Shit.

"Don't move any closer, Serpent Demon! Or else, this girl goes bye-bye!" One of the hooded figures screamed.

Damn, I thought they were just thieves, didn't think they'd be terrorists!

"Shut up, idiot! You're causing a scene! Oh, whatever. Let us go, or we'll kill the girl." The other hooded figure said.

After the first guy screamed, the entire rooms attention focused solely on them.

The King also realized his Compass was gone, and now in their hands.

Well, what am I supposed to do now...?