Chapter 20: Dear, Penelope.

...After that, I asked Adella if there was a way to send mail to someone even while they were moving, and turns out there's a special fish that can traverse anywhere in the world and is used primarily as a messenger. Sorry if it scared you guys at first, haha.

So anyway, yeah, uh...Not too sure what to say...I guess I'm sorry? And uh, I'm sure you're probably mad, but...I've decided to still follow my heart, which has led me to...Augh, this whole lovey dovey crap is so awkward. But yeah, I've decided regardless of where we stand (because we still never clarified that. Are we dating? Or were we just two people who liked each other?) I'll be pursuing Adella, so...Wish me luck?

Sincerely, Levi.

-----------------------------

On the bow of an ancient ship.

"Cap'n! We're almost done stockin' up, d'ya want me ta call the little one over, or...?" A random member of Penelope's pirate crew asked.

"Finish stocking up, then prepare to set sail immediately after." A woman in fashionable pirate attire ordered while holding a piece of paper in her hand.

She hadn't once let her eyes leave the piece of paper since she'd gotten it.

"What about the little lass?" The pirate member asked.

"She'll be better off here in the Kingdom. 'Sides, I already told Arisa everything she needs to know when that girl is old enough." The pirate woman replied.

"Are you sure? Do you really just want to leave your d-"

"I'm sure. Don't forget, we're pirates. We don't live this life by being all goody-two shoes, right?" The Pirate woman, Penelope, said with a strained voice.

She had still not taken her eyes off the piece of paper in her hand.

"Aye, aye Cap'n." The pirate member said with a somewhat disapproving face.

Penelope sighed.

"This is for the best." She said while overlooking the setting sun.

"'Ey, boneheads! Get me a piece of paper and bring that blasted fish we caught earlier over here!" She yelled.

---------------------------------

Dear, Levi.

There's a lot I'd like to say to you, but that can wait until I see you in person. To be honest, I'm not entirely surprised you found the Mermaid kingdom, nor am I surprised by this Adella person. I've always known about you're little fetish for Mermaids, I thought it was a little weird at first, but even so It's still a part of you I love. Speaking of love, let's about talk about babies.

We both know the correct way babies are born, correct? You put XX inside OO and XO happens, right? Well, I did some research on Leviathan's. Turns out they are a little different. Just a simple kiss on the lips is enough if the partner happens to be from a different species.

So, guess what? You're a dad. So, yeah. We're gonna have a lot to discuss when I arrive in the Mermaid Kingdom. And Don't think about running away, cuz you know I'll hunt you down if you do, right?

I'm not letting you get away from me this time.

Sincerely, Penelope.

-------------------------------------

Mermaid Kingdom.

"Hey, Adella?" I randomly spoke up after reading the tiny piece of paper in hand.

"Yeah? What is it?" She asked while stopping herself from eating the rest of her breakfast.

"If I said a scary Pirate woman was most likely on her way to possible cause a big scene, what would think?" I asked.

"I'd say it's impossible." Adella replied.

"Right...Well, remember how I said there was someone else in my life, and you didn't pry too much?" I asked.

"Right?" She answered.

"It's about time I told you about her, I think." I said, preparing to go through a long explanation.

Let's just hope it'll be a while before she gets here...

--------------------------------

Somewhere in the ocean.

"How far do you think it'll be before we reach the Mermaid Kingdom?" Penelope asked.

"About eight months according researchers estimations." A hired guide who looked completely out of place replied.

"Right, let's overestimate the time and prepare for the trip to take two years!" Penelope shouted as all her subordinates shouted back.

"Aye!"

The sea was about to get really noisy again...

Mermaid Kingdom Arc - End

Marriage Arc - Start

Author's note: With this being Chapter 20, and also being both the end to an arc, as well as the start of a new arc, I simply thought it would be a good idea to finally provide some of my thoughts on the story so far.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the long wait between chapter 16 and 17. To be honest, it was never supposed to be that long, even with holidays and the like, what ended up happening was a result of my own laziness and procrastination, which while I'm not shy about, definitely needs to be improved. So I'm sorry for those who were waiting for a new chapter to come out.

The good side, if you will, about this result is that it pushed me to want to push more chapters out in a short period of time, at least to wrap up the current arc, which as you can see, did happen for the last few chapters.

Speaking of this arc, I've had this arc in my mind for a while, it might not have been obvious, but this series was intended to be a harem since I made it (even though I didn't plan on writing past chapter 1, I still ended up having plenty of ideas for it before writing it) Some people may not be fans of the harem genre, and that's completely fine by me. I simply thought it would not only be different from my usual, but also because the setting made me think it fit, especially with the unusual relationship of a Pirate woman, and literally a sea monster, adding in a mermaid shouldn't feel too out of nowhere, right?

Ah, there is a bit of a theme for this series that I thought was fairly fitting, and has been the main source of inspiration for the story so far, which is freedom. (A certain straw hat might enjoy that.)

More specifically, the idea that the sea, or those that live in/on it, are free.

Well, I originally had plans for this previous arc that uh, went differently than I imagined, either because I forgot, or because it simply wouldn't have worked with the way I wrote everything.

A good example was those two abyss cultists were supposed to be dragged by Levi to the Abyss and fed to the Kraken as a fitting form of ironic punishment, but I forgot while writing the chapter so I just had them thrown to the king instead.

Anyways, I hope everyone continues to enjoy the series as we near it's end.

Thanks for all the support.