Chapter 12: Escaping the Temple!

As I looked ahead of me, I saw a shaken Penelope glancing towards me in worry.

"Is that going to reach us when we get down to where this place leads us?" She asked.

"I don't know, but let's not stick around long enough to find out." I replied.

We quickly descended the staircase, feeling an invisible pressure behind us.

After what felt like an eternity, we finally came upon another large open space, only this time, what we saw was more amazing than the last. 

In front of us was a cave. Half of the ground was water, and atop the water was a giant Pirate Ship, looking as if it was brand new.

"This must be the real treasure the entire time, a ship!" Penelope exclaimed, bewildered by the sight.

I, too, held my breath at the sight of such an amazing-looking vessel.

Gold and Bronze complimenting the steampunk design with pipe engines attached towards the end of the ship, along with what looked like wings folded, as if it was ready to not only sail the ocean, but the skies as well.

"This, this is incredible!" I marveled.

Penelope seemed to agree with me, as we both headed towards deck of the ship, and was awestruck by the sight of all the technological feats that go far above anything that should exist in this world, or so Penelope seems to be saying.

I lived most of my short time here in the ocean, I've no idea what type of era the mainland has entered into right now.

For all I knew, spaceships and jetpacks could've been invented already.

Judging by Penelopes clothes, and how she briefly described the cities and such, oh and given her profession, I'd say probably 1800's ish?

I'm not much of a historian, at least, non-fiction history, I prefer reading about myths than I do about the black plague.

I guess I should've tried remembering dates better, but oh well, too late now.

Back to the topic at hand, Penelope scoured nearly every inch of the outside of the ship, squealing like a highschool girl who just got her first car for her birthday.

"This thing is incredible! Not only is it incredibly sturdy, it looks like it's never been rusted! In other words, it practically brand spanking new! Not just that, but I got a peek at the engine, which I'll look at in more detail later, but it looks like this baby can sail at speeds not even the fastest sailboat in the world could reach! And to top it all of, those wings are just for show! This thing can also fly!" She explained in hyperventilating detail.

"Wow." I said with fake enthusiasm.

"Hmph, someone like you wouldn't understand the kind of priceless treasure this is!" She exclaimed with a harumph.

I guess she realized I wasn't as enthusiastic as her.

Either way, I could tell this thing was priceless regardless of my view of it.

It's just a shame I can't take it with me.

Even the ore in the last room wasn't worth taking.

I couldn't help but sigh.

Just as I was about ready to give up, a hand stretched out in front of me, revealing a pretty gem embedded in a necklace.

"Here. Take it. As compensation for helping me get this far." Penelope said, her face turned away with red cheeks.

I stared dumbstruck at the scene before me.

After seeing my blank face, Penelope turned around and said