Chapter 27: Epilogue

The scene I witnessed upon coming back towards the Merfolk kingdom was that of wreckage.

It seriously looked like a huge earthquake had stormed through the streets.

The once beautiful undersea paradise was now looking more like a disaster movie.

Despite that fact, things could've been much worse had they not had that giant bubble protecting them through the chaos.

Still, the fact all the Merfolk are already in the process of recuperating and inspecting the damages and preparing to rebuild what was lost is already quite the achievement.

That's when I noticed who was at the forefront of the recuperating plan.

I swiftly made my way towards Adella and appeared just behind her hiding my presence to not alarm her.

Then I put my hands over her eyes and yelled "Guess who!"

The moment she heard my voice I could feel her body shaking uncontrollably.

At first I thought she was mad at me, but then I felt warm tears flowing from her eyes and I saw her expression as she looked towards me.

"Levi!" She shouted in relief.

"Yeah. I'm back. For now." I replied.

As we were having a touching reunion I heard a loud ruckus near the port.

Why do Merfolk have a port in their floating bubble kingdom?

I don't know. Maybe I should ask the like, one percent of people with legs why.

Anyway, I heard a loud commotion near the port and what do ya know?

A familiar voice was angrily yelling at her subordinates to hurry up with the cargo they were porting.

"What, don't wanna stay around long enough to see me?" I asked.

"Hmph. Why should I want to see someone who's already leaving?" She replied bitterly.

"Heh. Actually, after that big battle, I got a bit of a message from that shitty god that reincarnated me, er, us? I'm assuming, of course. Anyways, turns out the method I used to become a god was...flawed to say the least. In order to properly leave to ascend I need to establish worshippers, gather faith that sort of thing..." I said.

"Which means?" She asked, starting to pick up my meaning.

"Which means, until that I have enough to be established as a proper god, I'm not going anywhere. And it's not like they said I had to do anything right away, so...I can take my time." I answered, subtly.

"I see. Then I suppose I can stick around for at least a few more days." She said.

"Really? Just a few more?" I inquired, disappointed.

"I am a pirate with a life, you know?" She replied.

"Fair enough I guess. Still, before that, could we at least take a trip so I can see my own child?" I asked.

"Heh. Don't you think she'll be better off without the both of us in her life? After all, we're hardly the best of parents." She argued.

I guess that's true. You could say we didn't really know it would happen, let alone when we both lead such..."busy" lives, especially now.

"But still...It's hard to be judged as a bad parent, when we've barely even given ourselves a chance to be one." I countered.

"Why...Why don't we at least try to be in her life? I mean I haven't even met her for christ's sake!" I continued.

I tried to start rambling on reason after reason, but after a couple seconds, Penelope grabbed my shirt and brought my lips and hers together.

As much fun as we were having, I couldn't help but look over to the side and see Adella giving a look of half jealously, and half wanting to figure out a way to butt in.

After Penelope was satisfied, I quickly went and signaled to Adella to go right ahead.

And we had some minor fun kissing for a minute as well.

After that embarrassing onslaught, I quickly recomposed myself, and invited the two girls to join me when they were done with their work for the day.

About six hours later, I was watching the sunset on the balcony of the kingdom's castle, or at least the side that was safe to use at the moment.

Just as I was about to leave, two stunning ladies happened to walk in.

"Well, we're here." Penelope said.

I gave a brief smile to the two of them, and asked.

"Do the two of you want to watch the sunset with me?"

You might be wondering how we could watch the sunset when we're underwater.

Well, the sky and sun have a unique presence that's for sure.

"Sure." They both agreed and each walked up to the other side of me.

"This day has been rather long. But even still, I can't help but want it to go on forever..." I said as I looked up at the reflection of the sun on the water.

"Well, the day might be over, but there's still tomorrow and all the days after." Penelope replied.

"Plus, it's not like we can't ever look back to today. After all, that's what memories are for, right?" Adella chimed in.

"Heh. I guess you're right. Well then...To tomorrow!" I shouted to the sky.

"To today!" Adella shouted.

"And to all the days we spend after!" Penelope shouted.

After that, the three of us stayed up all night having some "fun".

Life was good.

I miss those fun days.

I hope more of them come soon...

The end...?

Author's Notes: 

Before I do and say anything, I'll just say it, I had absolutely no idea how to end this story. I just couldn't think of something to make it feel like a justifiable place to end.

Anyways, as always, thank you to those who read this story, and those who have supported me.

Special thanks to those who have recently bought my E-Book of "My New Life as a Dragon In Another World".

This book will also likely be getting an E-Book version for those who wish to support me further.

Man. This story took forever to finish though. Mostly because I'm so lazy and haven't really felt like getting up and finishing it. I mean, years to finish this? I know most authors do that with one book, but still. It feels like this could've been done in a few months at most if I tried.

Well. That aside, I'm not sure what else to really talk about. I mean, I've already said most of the important things that come to mind.

I guess since that's the case, I briefly mention this as a bit of a tease to what I'll be working on in the future (for this "universe" of characters and such I guess)

I'm currently thinking of two stories:
My New Life as a Fenrir in Another World - A shorter book meant to be a bit of a third installment to...whatever you wanna call these books, they kinda are a sequel, but not really. Anyway, I hope this story does well.

Chronicles of the Gods: Titanomachy (W.I.P title) - Basically, these stories have started to sort build up and hype up these behind the scenes enemies for the gods, well, this story will see the conclusion of that showing off the characters so far, as well as some other characters, and some new ones.

After those two, I might try to work on original stories away from isekai content. At least I'd like to.

Anyways, like I said, thanks for everyone who's supported me this far, and I hope I can continue to keep it.

Have a happy new year everyone!