Chapter 6: The Island of Gold! Part 1

After a few hours of swimming aimlessly through the ocean, I noticed some activity up ahead.

After swimming for quite a while, I discovered a small band of pirates on a pirate ship.

After using my new sense presence skill, I deduced there were 11 people onboard the small vessel.

I couldn't help but smile wickedly as a nasty thought appeared in my head.

Why should I let these small fries roam around so leisurely? Isn't it more romantic for a monster to suddenly attack you as you journey the seas?

Well, good thing we have a monster right here, isn't it? I thought to myself as I smiled maliciously before swimming faster and aligned my body to the underbelly of the ship.

I began thinking up several plans on how to attack them, without killing them of course.

I want to terrorize the oceans, not become a mass murderer.

Well, if one or two dye after falling off the boat it has nothing to do with me.

Besides, what could I use their corpses for? Humans don't seem too high in nutritional value compared to the other creatures I can hunt for.

Anyways, this is basically me trying to undermine my boredom at the end of the day, so I came up with a good plan that didn't go too far.

At least, that was what I thought at the time.

After finishing my preparations I made my move.

I circled around the boat letting my presence be known.

"Captain, there's a large shadow surrounding the boat! I think we've got trouble!" One of the men shouted from atop the mast.

"Aye! Men, get into battle stations, let's show this beast what we're made of!" A woman's voice replied back before waiting for the quick response of her crew.

"Aye!" They all shouted as they hurriedly worked toward their posts.

I had to admit, I was a little surprised both by how efficient this crew seemed to be, and by how respected the female seemed to be as well, I assumed by now the men would've turned on her and laid their hands on her, but then again, a female pirate captain had other ways of subduing the hearts of men, at least that's the only explanation I could come up with.

Oh, if you're wondering how I can hear them while still being underwater, apparently my new bodies ears are just that good, and water slides off my skin really well so I basically don't feel wet at all.

Back to the pirate crew though, the captain decided to use me as a way to boost morale it seems.

"Alright, lads, let's haul us a magnificient feast before we land on the island of gold!" She yelled.

Her crew merrily responded in kind.

Seems her idea worked.

Too bad though, I'm not so easy to kill.

I prefer to not be used as food, thank you very much.

Anyway, I continued circling around their ship stealthily under the sea while they bombarded the ocean with a variety of objects.

Cannons, Harpoons, they even started throwing their random junk at me at some point.

Some people even knew a little magic and thought it would do something.

Well, I'll admit that the cannons were probably the scariest threat, I got grazed by one and could immediately tell they were bad news, like break a few bones in my body bad.