Chapter 21: Two Years Later.

At first, the prospect of a thrill-seeking pirate showing up out of the blue and causing possibly a war, did in fact make me lose a lot of sleep.

But, finally, after two years, I can finally relax.

Which probably means she's about to show up.

And, you know what they say, speak of the devil, and she'll appear.

Just as I was about to relax for the night, all of a sudden, a loud explosion rang out across the entire kingdom.

Then a familiar domineering voice echoed throughout.

"Levi! You bastard, get out here, now! Don't make me blow up your precious Mermaid Kingdom!"

Obviously, during the commotion, Adella strolled up to me to ask me about the situation.

"I know you warned me, but, are you sure she's not a bad person?" She asked.

"I'm pretty sure, although the current situation doesn't make it seem like it. Actually, I'm more surprised how the hell she got here, I had a compass to guide me, unless she found another way?" I replied.

"Perhaps she followed the Mail Fish?" Adella speculated.

"I don't know, but however she got here, I better go and confront her first before the kingdom gets the wrong idea." I said.

Just as I said that however, some mermen guards swam towards the ship prepared to attack Penelope's crew.

I couldn't help but facepalm as I let out a big sigh.

"Idiots..." I whispered under my breath before rushing out slowing unleashing my true form.

"Stop!" I shouted towards the guards, and as they turned toward me, Penelope's crew had already loaded a canonball and launched it through the water.

How the hell is that possible? What the fuck has Penelope been doing all these years?

I quickly swam, now at my normal size, it was a lot easier to wrap my body around the guards and block the cannonball which stung a little.

"Was that necessary?!" I asked, angrily at Penelope.

She just shrugged as if it didn't have anything to do with her!

I swear the nerve on that girl!

I sighed, and said.

"Look, I'm here now. What did you want?" I asked.

Though I already have an idea of what it is.

"I'm here to look around!" Penelope declared.

Ugh.

"Is it necessary?" I asked.

"Nope." She replied.

"I figured this place must be pretty amazing if the free spirited leviathan decided to stay for so many years!~" She answered.

Whose fault do you think it is that I've been kept here?

I only planned to stay for a couple days of vacation from exploring and then getting back to swimming the ocean, but somehow I found a second lover and then made worried when I found out my first lover (?) was coming over.

So, of course I've stayed all these years.

I didn't want you causing a war, which you nearly did!

Or at least that's what I thought in my head.

I nervously watched as Penelope and Adella finally came face to face, at first it looked like there was going to be a catfight, but then Penelope broke the ice by saying.