Extra Chapter: Life of a Mermaid Queen

Adella's POV:

Five years after the battle with Apollo.

"Sigh." I sighed exhaustedly, as I waved the latest in a long line of informants about the goings on around the mermaid kingdom.

Now I understand why the first thing my father did when I succeeded him to the throne, was run away to a permanent vacation.

Even worse is the constant upper society politics that seems to have only two types of attitudes towards a reigning matriarch.

either the nobility can't believe a woman is leading the nation, or despite their beliefs, understand it is best to kiss up to me as best they can.

Neither are particularly great, especially with discussions about my successor already in play.

It seems I'll have to work hard in order to eliminate such headaches before they grow too big.

Unfortunately, I don't have an assistant to handle some of my workload right now, as Levi, my husband, filled that role when I first became Queen.

Now that's he's gone, I'm afraid I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement.

Not to mention multiple reports of different new cults worshipping different monster deities from the abyss, it's become quite the serious issue now.

After another grueling day doing paperwork and holding multiple audiences with the townsfolk, I was ready to collapse at any moment.

How my father managed to hide his tired expressions is beyond me.

As I was walking towards my personal chambers, I ran into a young girl.

"Mom?" She spoke.

Oh, it was Calypso, my adorable child, however I suppose my exhaustion was getting the better of me, as I could not see very clearly.

"Ah, Clapyso, sorry, could you lead your mommy to her room?" I asked.

Even though I already anticipated her reply, It still felt a bit painful to hear.

"Sigh, again? Alright, hold my hand alright?" She replied.

I wonder why, but despite being fairly young, the moment i began ruling it's felt as if my age has become closer to that of a grandma at the end of her years.

Because of this, Calypso, who was a very bright and innocent child at first, has recently started acting more mature and responsible.

I wonder, could it be the maids and others forcing her into this?

I remember when I was little, something similar happened, and my mind was greatly strained from the pressure and expectations, despite the open complaints that also came with them.

If my dear daughter is being made to go through such a similar experience, then, perhaps a great "purging" like when I took the throne is in order?

Most parent's would celebrate their child becoming more mature and independent, but I can't help but wanting my cute innocent girl back!

I couldn't help thinking this all the way until Calypso had left my room.

She didn't even stay to talk, just made sure I was properly laying in bed and...

Yawn~

It might be best to calm down and get some rest, I'm...sleepy...

I woke up the next morning, to the world shaking.

I quickly rushed out of bed without caring about my appearance, causing a few servants to get fussy, even during this disaster.

I managed to reach a good spot to view the entire kingdom from, and noticed outside the bubble protecting our kingdom, was a large sea creature coiling around.