Chapter 13: The months after...

The next couple of months went by in a blur. It felt like so many things happened, yet not a lot actually went on aside from the notables.

For example, I fought a Kraken not long after parting with Penelope.

Then I met some weird Dragon Hippies and learned how to surf the waves with them. They were pretty chill, ngl.

Let's see, what else? Oh, right. I also chatted with that shitty god that reincarnated me.

He reminded me of that important object from way back when I wasn't strong enough to get it, so I rushed back to the place it should have been at and grabbed it. No problem. I literally transformed into my Merform and punched a huge hole in the wall.

And yes, I have a Merform. If you're wondering why, well, for one, examples like I just provided, having arms is a privilege humans take for granted. The second is, well, the shitty god told me to make one since he said it would come in handy later.

Of course, I do not know what he's talking about, so there is that.

I let out a long sigh as I held two tiny objects in my hands.

I can't stop thinking about Penelope.

If you haven't read up to this point, then a brief recap of the events up to now outta help, although it's a bit late in the chapter.

To summarize:

I died and got reincarnated to another world, as a Fish, initially, but soon evolved into the handsome Leviathan I am today.

Then while having fun terrorizing local inhabitants, I stumbled upon a ship that I tried to mess with, and that's when I first met Penelope. We didn't connect right away, given the fact I was currently trying to capsize her boat (actually, I was only pretending, but there's no need to tell her that, right?) and she was trying to honestly kill me, though I'm not mad at that. 

I noticed that this motley pirate crew was heading somewhere, and picking up a sense for valuable treasure, I raced them there, and beat them by like a day I think. Then I found the pirate woman washed up on shore and we quickly teamed up (while I was in disguise) to find the treasure and leave the island. I could leave at any time of course, but where's the fun in that?

Anyway, we found the treasure, a special ship made from a master crasftsman of a lost era, and parted ways. Oh, and she may or may not be the reincarnation of my love from my past life.

So, yeah. That all happened. Hard to believe that was just the first week in to my new life too.

Anyway, I chose to leave her so I could be what I wanted to be, free. and She chose to continue her life of piratedom.

Although I was deeply thinking about her, and worrying about her, I had this feeling in the back of my mind that we'll meet each other again, eventually.

I stared intently at both the glowing pink orb in my left hand, and the lifeless pendent in my right hand.

"Hmm, wait a second, doesn't that gem have the exact same shape as the orb?" I muttered aloud to myself.

Although I was hesitant to mess with it, given the fact it's the only I had left to remember Penelope by at this point, I decided to take the gamble and see if the two were really connected.

I carefully removed the gem from the pendent and inserted the orb.

It fit like a glove, and just as I was surprised by that turn of events, something even more surprising happened.

The orb's glow brightened blindingly causing even my eyes to be blinded for a few seconds.

Before I knew it, the pendent's shape had changed somewhat, and it now had a digital arrow pointing somewhere north.

Smellng an opportunity for adventure, I released my transformation and quickly swam towards where the pendent, or I guess compass now, was leading.

"Onward, to adventure!" I yelled into the infinite abyss below...