Chapter 25: The Tyrant Awakens

The answer I had reached turned out to be so simple. I love the ocean, but more than that, I loved the things within it. I also harbor fear of the ocean, but that's because the unknown can be a very frightening place, and the ocean is full of the unknown. Hell, my journey has been full of it as well.

Most importantly, is that I wish to protect this place, this world, these people. I both love and fear the ocean and this world but and that is why, I will protect it.

That was my answer.

The voice was silent. Only a bright blue glowing surrounding me gave me the answer I sought.

I could feel it instinctually. I was being given all the power of the previous Leviathan's all at once, helping me to boost through to that level of power I needed.

To become a...

Penelope's POV:

One week after Levi's wedding.

"What the hell is happening?!" I screamed as I looked off to the distant panicking of the merfolk.

"I don't know!" Adella shouted as we both turned toward the sky, and saw what could only be described as the apocalypse.

The ocean is...disappearing!

By that I mean, one minute everything was fine, but the next, water surrounding the merfolk kingdom suddenly started vanishing into thin air.

No, not vanishing, vaporising is more accurate.

But what kind of being could do something like that, to this level as well?

I just don't know...

---------------------

Five hours before the oceanic apocalypse.

There was a single quiet part of the planet, uninhabited by humanity. Only some quiet, native species lived there.

The morning was calm, and peaceful, like any other day.

Until a crack in space was formed.

It was tiny at first, barely even noticeable.

But it quickly grew larger, until it was big enough for a dragon to squeeze their large rears through.

After it reached that point, it stopped growing, and quickly opened widely as a rather ominous figure revealed themself.

A being that would make world seem small stood.

Green-Black energy oozing out of it's flames as it scanned it's surroundings.

"So this is the universe that birthed that new upstart, eh? That stupid Dragon God has been a thorn in our side, constantly rejuvenating the wounded soldiers and greatly boosting morale. We can't have another thorn in our side emerge. Thankfully even if they do advance to godhood, they should still be inexperienced before ascending to the heavens." The lone Being spoke to himself.

"Well, no matter. All beings within this world will now be reduced to ash." 

The being did not move an inch as the entire paradise like island was quickly lit up in a bright green blaze, leaving nothing but a scarred wasteland behind.

Soon, the Being walked to the edges of the island, and as he took his first few steps onto the surface of the water, the entire blue beneath his feet vanished, as if it had never even been there.

A gigantic circle of void continued to exist around him as he walked silently across the ocean, or perhaps more correctly, the air.

It would only take mere hours before the Being came upon the place he had been told the one he came to kill would be found, yet even after searching for so long, the Being could not find any sign of such a prospective creature, only whimpering sea whelps.