Chapter 5: Evolution.

The first thought I had upon regaining my consciousness was (Huh, the pains gone?)

After slowly awakening did I realize just why I could no longer feel the pain from my forced evolution.

I wasn't in my body right now.

In fact, I was in that place again.

"Yoo-hoo! Welcome back again~" A familiar yellow figure stood in front of me as he waved his arms as if he was greeting a friend from being on a long trip.

"Ugh." I couldn't help but moan.

I noticed another person moan right beside him, which immediately caught my interest.

It was that green figure, another god.

I don't know what god he is or what his name is, but it seems he has some sort of relationship with the god of reincarnation.

"Didn't you have important matters to attend to? Why am I here when you should be plenty busy right now?" I asked.

He made it sound like he could see me for awhile last time we spoke, something about an urgent matter that needed to be discussed.

"We already did that, and it was decided that I was completely useless in handling such matters so I was forced to go back to my normal daily job as the god of reincarnation~ Isn't it wonderful? I can check up on you whenever I want again!~" The shitty god replied with an extremely delighted tone.

"I'd rather you just leave me alone already." I said.

"Don't be like that~ I have some important matters to tell you after all!~" The shitty god casually said back.

"What important matters? It has nothing to with me." I replied.

"Sure it does, I'm here first of all, to both congratulate and reprimand you for evolving into a leviathan. You pretty stupid, you know that? Trying to skip the evolution process could kill you easily. It's a wonder you haven't already died yet. Well, anyway. Congratulations on becoming a leviathan. Now please go become a god~" The shitty god explained before giving an unreasonable request.

"Uh, wait a minute. Since when do I have to become a god? I just want to be a powerful leviathan, I don't want to be something so annoying." I said.

"You don't have a choice, you have to~" The shitty god said without any further explanation.

I looked towards the green figure to see what he would do or say.

He was my only hope, I could slightly feel like if anyone would be on my said it would be him!

Alas, the green figure let out a long sigh before explaining.

"Normally, you would be left alone and not forced to do anything, but right now we suspect a powerful enemy is planning on making their move. Originally they wouldn't have acted so soon, but because of your forced evolution they might speed up their plans." The green figure explained.

"What does that all have to do with me? I'm just nobody." I replied.

The green figure looked over towards the shitty god, and seemingly reached an understanding.

"Normally we're not supposed to tell you this, but the matter is urgent and the other gods are too busy to care, so we'll bend the rules abit and tell you. Actually, there's a powerful enemy known as the scourge of gods. This enemy is currently trying to invade our universe in order expand their own influence." The green figure said.

"Wait, invade our universe?" I asked.

"It's probably what you think. Our universe is not the only one to exist. Even us gods don't know how many universes exist, but what we do know is each universe is both the same and also incredibly different. The rules and laws of each universe of distinct from each other. For instance, have you ever read a story where earth was populated by superheroes?" He asked.