You and Me

Hinata sat patiently at her computer, glasses placed upon her nose as she looked through her emails.

She heard the two approach before she saw them.

Soft muttering and a voice that was too loud echoed down the hall.

Just as her gaze met the door Guy sensei and Naruto appeared. The hyperactive gym coach had a shit-eating grin and a tight grip on the school's biggest knucklehead's arm. The blonde looked severely uninterested as he was ushered inside her classroom.

"Ooooone Narutoooo Uzumakiii~"

Hinata smiled softly as a greeting, going back to work as if she was too busy for this inconvenience. "Sit down right there." She pointed towards the desk in front, papers stacked upon them with Naruto's name in red across the top.

"Gah- this is so muuuuch!" he whined sitting in his seat and slapping the offending paper.

Guy chuckled, "Get it done in a jiffy! And don't give the pretty lady such a hard time Uzumaki, be kind to Ms. Hyuga."

"Yeah yeah..." He slouched in his chair with a heavy pout.

"Well, I am off M'Lady!" The man bowed his head as Hinata matched him with a 'thank you' nod.

Just as the man left out the room the door began to close slowly, and then it clicked shutting the two in with silence.

Hinata stared at her computer, as Naruto looked upon his paper with a vacant gaze. Their minds were on each other- even though they weren't looking directly at the other.

"So..." Naruto started slowly pressing his paper down smoothly. "You got bowl head to bring me here?"

"You've missed a lot of work, you need to get it done and I need to make sure you get it done." Hinata didn't spare him a glance as her eyes scanned the words on her screen but she didn't comprehend a word she was reading.

"Huh," Naruto smirked, he slid from his desk catching her attention, her eyes snapping to him.

"Sit down Uzumaki." Hinata glared at the mischievous boy who walked toward her. Her words did nothing to stop his advance.

"Why am I really here..."The blonde placed his palm on her desk as he circled around it, coming up behind her chair. He leaned over her form placing his other hand on the back of her chair. "Hi-na-ta." His lips were by her ear, each syllable ghosting upon her skin turning it red.

Hinata took a deep breath, staring down at his strong hand in front of her. "Why... d-did you ask Tayuya to take you home..." she whispered, her heart skipping a beat when she stuttered.

"Why were you acting weird this morning?" He countered her question with a question.

Her brows furrowed, thinking about what he said. His tone held a bit of hurt. She turned her head to look into his dark blue orbs, he was so close to her, breath caught in her chest.

"You noticed..."

Naruto immediately felt his soul leave his body, her pained tone made him feel like shit. As if she was trying to hide her distress and knowing that she didn't hide it well only made her hurt more. Shit, why was he such an ass, maybe she didn't want to talk about it at the moment? Something was clearly bothering her but maybe it wasn't necessarily him.

He slid up with a sigh turning to lean his butt on her desk. "Yeah..." he whispered. "Are you okay?"

"Well I... had something stolen from my house... and I thought for a second... m-maybe... YouTookIt." She said the last part swiftly clasping her hands in her lap and hanging her head low.