Party

"Stop!" Naruto halted the rapid fire of questions Hinata was about to receive. She silently thanked her blonde for blocking the attack. She could see interest sparkle within their eyes. "Before you guys bombard my woman I will give you a few answers. Her name is Honoka and we met while I was out of town, during the summer. We kind of been talking but we made it official recently so... yeah."

They had talked about what they would say last night in a 'what if' manner. It wasn't completely off the mark, they just left out some... finer details.

Suigetsu squinted his eyes, "Ooooh... when you went on your business trip for Jiraiya?"

"Mhmm..." Naruto nodded.

"Wait is this... that girl?" Suigetsu raised his brow up and down as everyone looked at him confused.

Hinata looked at Naruto with a curious lean to her head. "Am I that girl?" Hinata mentally giggled, watching Naruto blush scratching the back of his head shyly, she knew damn well she was that girl.

Unfortunately, Sasuke and loud-mouth Suigetsu knew of his encounter with Hinata in the beginning. He was head over heels for her and his dumbass spewed about her to the white-haired male when he was drunk in love. His first and greatest mistake was to tell him of all people...

"Yes..." Naruto muttered.

Ino chuckled lightly, her orbs darting between the two. "What? I never heard this story?"

Sakura grinned, "Yeah, now I'm curious! Tell us tell us! How did you fall in love with him!"

"Yeah he's Naruto, that's already a red flag."

"Well, thanks, guys!" Naruto wrinkled his nose in annoyance.

The group chuckled at this but internally Hinata could feel her blood boil. She knew it was typical banter but she didn't appreciate how they undermined her blonde. "Well, I'm actually lucky to have him. I wonder what I did to catch him." She answered sweetly putting a hand on his chest.

"Damn, you got yourself a good one bro." Choji nodded his head in admiration as some of his friends seemed to respect Hinata's remark.

"So then how did you guys meet, what's the story?" Ino asked.

Naruto chuckled looking at Hinata as they locked eyes with each other, "That's between us."

"Booo~" The group was displeased but Naruto waved them off.

"I'll tell you when you are older, anyways this is Suigetsu, Sakura, Ino, Shikamaru, Sasuke, Choji, Juugo, and Gaara..." Naruto pointed at each one as they all greeted her in their way.

Hinata waved at them, "Hello." She spoke up confidently, but she was far from confident, her stomach full of butterflies. She was on edge, she felt as though they could see through her lame disguise. She was brought out of her mind by a hand that grabbed hers. It squeezed lightly, causing her to look at the blonde beside her. He smiled, his beautiful blue eyes inducing the butterflies to flutter for a different reason. She could not believe she was out in public with him... holding his hand... It felt right within her grasp even though she was wearing gloves.

"Hey, Honoka!"

Hinata looked at the male standing next to her, his fingers holding a small paper joint. "Do you smoke?"

Hinata shook her head, "Not anymore."

"Aaaah~" Suigetsu clicked his tongue almost disappointed, handing it to Naruto instead. "What's your poison?" He smiled wide with his red lips, his sharpened teeth made his Joker costume a bit scary.