Shot in th Dark

Author Note: Eat up my pretties 👩‍🍳✨
************************************************
It was a grotesque scene.

Yet it was beautiful at the same time.

Watching Naruto punch Hidan over and over again. It was like she was watching it in slow motion.

One thought floated in her mind.

Naruto is here.

Why didn't he leave? That boy. He was so obsessed with her. She couldn't wait to hear why he stayed. The thought had her smiling.

'I was worried about you.'

'I couldn't leave you...'

'Beat me up later in sorry.'

'I'll do double homework!'

Hinata began to giggle at the many excuses he would throw her way. Her giggle stopped the boy, Naruto looked at her in surprise.

He then picked up Hidan's shirt and growled in his face. "What the fuck did you give her?"

Oh, he sounded so angry, she would hate to be the one that pissed him off. Another playful tingle escaped her lips.

Hidan's lips barely moved, a few teeth fell out of his mouth as he tried to talk.

"What?" Naruto questioned as he pulled him closer to his ear. He listened carefully, furrowing his brows in concentration. He then snarled dropping Hidan as he stood up and walked toward the bed.

Hinata felt her heart pick up, her breathing heavy. He had blood splattered over him from head to toe, but her heart didn't beat to the drum of fear, it was excitement.

Naruto leaned upon the bed, looking over her with critical orbs. "Hina..." He whispered her name so sweetly, his eyes a gentle sea. The storm within them seemed to pass... For now.

"Hinata..."

Just her name on his tongue made her feel faint. Her body was warm. She wanted- no needed him.

"Naruto..." It seemed to be the only word that she liked to use her energy on. She reached for him, placing her palm on his cheek. "Touch... me."

Naruto's eyebrows furrowed, a deep concern within his eyes. "Hinata..." It was clear she was not in a stable mindset. It felt as though he would be taking advantage of her, she probably wouldn't even remember a thing. "I... Can't... Not now..."

This made Hinata feel scared, fear etched across her face. "Am I...d-?"

Naruto cut her off quickly, "No baby, I would never think that. You..." Naruto sighed before gesturing to himself, "I'm covered in blood... And you are wearing your expensive kimono. I don't want to ruin it..."

Hinata smiled as best as she could, "Don't care... Need you..." her body felt heavy once again as her eyes closed and her limbs went limp. "Need... Naruto..."

Naruto sent a glare at Hidan, before deciding it was best to not necessarily deny her in this moment. He didn't need her to believe for even a second that he would be disgusted by her in any way. So he picked her up in his arms, her back to his chest. He slid his hand beneath the fabric of her kimono, a soft mewl escaping her lips as he trailed her body with gentle hands. He placed delicate kisses on her cheek and neck but didn't do anything more. The little bit he was doing was enough for her. Little gasps escaped her lips as he touched her with tender affection.

She went still in his arms and then he would stop, but then she'd wake up and complain wordlessly, and he'd begin again, and this would repeat until finally she looked up at him with wet lashes.