Problem Solved?

"Wonderful news wouldn't you say?"

Hinata blinked as she looked at her father. Wonderful? There they go again. They were well aware she didn't want to be a doctor nor move. Do they do this on purpose? Do they just sprout positive words and attach them to things she hates? Is this some sort of sick psychology trick? Yet she had to give Neji credit for giving her a heads up. It was easier to disguise her complete distaste.

Hinata smiled softly nodding her head, "Yes it is father... I appreciate this generous gift."

Her father's lips raised but a smudge, pleased with her reaction. Hanabi kept her eyes at a near downcast, sipping her tea with as much control as possible. Where was the loophole Hanabi? How disappointing.

Hinata felt her phone buzz with a text, she clutched it tightly, "I will agree to do the program father but all I ask is that I can find a replacement for my classes."

Her father scrunched his nose ever so slightly, "You have no obligations to that school. With your fallbacks, time is of the essence."

"Father, I refuse to leave the students-"

"It's already in the middle of the semester father." Hanabi butt in, placing her tea on the table. "It would be best for her to wait till the next one occurs in spring, if she does not get the most optimal education then the program will be a waste."

Hinata closed her lips as she looked toward her father. The table was silent as he contemplated this information. So that was it- Hanabi was trying to buy her time so she could graduate first, her father must have pushed that aside and demanded she would go immediately.

He father sighed,"Very well. You have till spring to find a replacement."

Hinata gave him a thankful nod. Good ole Hanabi to the rescue. The table had soon drawn to silence.

Without looking at Neji, her father spoke with his eyes upon his drink, "What have you son?"

Neji adjusted himself, straightening his kimono. He had been uncharacteristically quiet, and though that should please Hinata it made her nervous. Neji didn't have anything to place on the table. Which surprised her. He would always gloat about something. Anything. The gears in Hinata's mind were turning as the auction started. With Neji's underwhelming show and tell she realized he had probably spoken with Hidan and wanted some of his power to go forth with the family.

It would have been a great achievement if he'd told father the news of their families joining with the use of his useless daughter. He probably already talked to Hidan about it, too afraid to tell him the truth, further ruining his plans. This situation had dug his ego into the dirt. It almost made her laugh, did he not suspect for her to say no? Did he put all his chips into one bag? Has she truly been this dormant with her family? She didn't know who should be pitied, her or him?

How disgusting. Her stomach twisted in knots, it made her sick. Her siblings used her for their sick gains. She hated the clan that created them to be this way. Digging unhealthy competition and greed into their very bones.

The night went on as item after item was placed on the stage. Neji barely talked and her father didn't berate her on anything. Hanabi said little words here and there but without the added addition of Neji and Hinata (as if she ever talks anyway), it felt very one-sided so she too spoke less. It was quiet for the most part, damn near peaceful. Hinata texted her fox about it.

Juicy Bunny: Neji has yet to recover. Your wicked ways have truly broken him

Sexy fox: Good He deserves to be knocked off his donkey