Eye of the Storm

Author Note: Oh y'all that I was done huh? Nope, another update enjoy 🤭❤️

*************************************************

"Do you... like it?" Hinata fidgeted behind her blonde as he gazed upon his gift.

He was silent when he pulled the wrapping paper off, staring at the art piece, with parted lips.

"If- if you don't like it I can try to
draw another one..." Hinata nervously stammered tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Hinata... it's amazing." Naruto smiled holding it up in front of himself. "It's perfect..."

She didn't exactly put herself within the painting but she did put herself wrapped up in the covers, only parts of her could be seen. By using his imagination it was like he could see her there, it was meant for him anyways.

"I'm going to hang this up right in the classroom!" Naruto looked at her as she nearly died with laughter.

Hinata swatted his arm as he put the painting back in its casing. "You better keep that somewhere safe, oh! I almost forgot." Hinata handed him a wrapped-up box. "This was something I was going to give to you at the party so it didn't look like I came in empty-handed."

"What's this?" He picked it up eyeing the box that was wrapped in orange paper and a black ribbon. Naruto proceeded to open it before she could answer, revealing a black beaded bracelet with different colors in the middle.

"It's-"

"It's a chakra bracelet." Naruto smirked pulling the bracelet on his wrist.

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"Nagato is all about this stuff, crystals, chakra, all the hippie shenanigans." Naruto eyed his bracelet as he spoke, getting a good look at it on his wrist.

"Oh," Hinata giggled as Naruto hit a few poses in her mirror. "Sorry it's not much of a present..." unfortunately Hinata didn't have a lot of money. Her father was forcing her to pay back her debt from the psych ward and college, but he will stop charging her if she finds a different career. So in other words he was making her life difficult, hoping she would concede to his wishes. It's why she has never been able to buy a new car.

Naruto scoffed as if offended by her statement, "Are you kidding me? You being at my party had to have been the best birthday present ever." Naruto pulled her into a hug kissing her on her lips.

The woman furrowed her brow, "But... It ended... Poorly..."

"Yeah, and that part sucked but I got to enjoy a night with you by my side. I was able to hold your hand," with his words he intertwine his fingers with hers. "Dance with you..." he began to sway as they danced within her living room. Hinata held back a slight smile as he spun her around. " I got to talk with you and hold you in front of everyone..."

He pulled her close by the hip as they moved. "You were mine for the night...you felt like you were truly mine..."

"Naruto..." Hinata moved her other hand up his shoulder to rest on his cheek. "I am always yours..."

Naruto smiled, turning his head so he could kiss her hand, "I know... But... It was nice to not feel like I was hiding you... It does... However, suck that I couldn't call you Hinata. I almost slipped a few times."

Hinata chuckled, "I was lucky, I got to still call you Naruto... But I enjoyed feeling so...it felt...so..."

"...Free." They found the word together.

"Yeah exactly!" Naruto continued. "I never knew how awesome that would feel. I didn't have to hold anything back... Except you know ripping your clothes off."