Painter of the Night

Naruto brushed his teeth and doused his tongue with mouthwash. Hinata had laughed and told him she was only joking but he had made it his mission to rid himself of any other woman's touch.

"Wait out here so I can clean myself up!" He had told her, placing her on her bed.

"Make it quick." She kissed him upon his whisker cheek sending him off on his quest.

Hoping in the shower he soaped himself up and made sure he smelt good. In all places- even down there- he was a gentleman of course. He didn't need his balls to smell like a dumpster truck that's for sure.

He got out and wrapped the dark purple towel around his hips, taking a stand in front of the sink. Naruto wiped the mirror clean with his hand, a slight grin on his lips, he couldn't believe the outcome of the night. Was he in hot water? Hell yeah, but the person that mattered to him most, was surprisingly easygoing with what had happened. He was so afraid this would have created a wedge in their relationship but it seemed to have brought them closer.

He was in a state of vulnerability, ready to beg for mercy, but his little goddess had seen no ill intent within him. Maybe she was able to see how truly devoted he was to her.

Naruto clenched his fist and unclenched it, staring at his fingers. He still couldn't believe he hit... her... He hoped somewhere in her heart she could forgive him and they could go back to how things were before she confessed to him. When did she start liking him anyway? He enjoyed her company sure, but he didn't see her in that way. It almost made him sad that she had crossed the line of their sibling bond. Hell if Sakura comes out of the woodwork talking about she likes him he may just blow his brains out. To him, they were his sisters for crying out loud! ...One of them he had punched but that's beside the point!

Naruto sighed picking up his prize- Hinata's panties. He held them tightly in his fist, just touching them sent tingles up his arms. What was it about her? What was it about that woman that had him losing all focus? To the point that another girl touching him sent him into a frenzy. Or the thought of her with anyone else had him seeing red. Was this an unhealthy obsession? Nah no way! This had to be what people called soul mates. Was Hinata in some shape or form his other half in this vast world? When he's with her... They just connect in ways he never knew possible. The first night he met her he knew she was the one. Call him cheesy but it was love at first sight. And then the sparks were flying. Like everything just makes sense with her and all is perfect.

He looked up at himself, flashing his smile, making sure there was nothing in his teeth. He knew he was attractive, but something always stirred in his heart, wondering if Hinata felt as drawn to him as he was to her. On an emotional level and physical level. Well- Who was he kidding after everything they had been through, why did he always feel the need to prove himself to her? Maybe he wanted to keep her attention on him at all times. He never wanted her eyes to drift... even for a second.

Maybe that's why he started working out so much and tried to keep himself nicely groomed. Should he grow a beard? Would Hinata like that? Cut his hair? Should he get tattoos? What if he didn't look manly enough? Was she as attached to him as he her? Or more importantly was he more obsessed? That thought alone scared the shit out of him. When he had thought she didn't want to see him and lied he thought his whole world was crumbling.

What now though? Now he's in deeper than before. What if... She realized she didn't want him?

He shook his head swiftly, thinking these silly thoughts when he was supposed to be with Hinata, he was losing precious hours! It had been a while since he's been to her house or got to spend time with her like this. He needn't waste any more of their time on stupid thoughts. Opening the door the cool air drifted upon his skin. He looked around the bedroom but didn't find his teacher. Leaving the room he found the house to be coated in darkness.