Happy Family

Naruto thought Hinata's attitude would get better but if anything it had gotten worse. As each day passed she seemed to be gloomier and depressed.

It was so bad the others had noticed but in a different way. They thought she wasn't feeling well, but Naruto knew better this time.

She told him.

On Saturday she had to see her family.

It was the absolute worse, she didn't want to see them, downright despised the last Saturday of every month.

So while everyone was excited about Saturday she was far from happy.

"Bunny... it can't be that bad right...?" Naruto was sprawled out on the couch, tossing a ball into the air. He felt bad he couldn't make her feel better.

The woman sighed into the phone, he could hear her gathering her things for her trip. She had to leave immediately after class, barely giving them any time to see each other.

"It's... they... they suck Naruto. To put it plainly they suck."

Naruto chuckled, "Well we can't choose our families now, can we? It's a shame really because I always thought your family would be really sweet because you are so sweet... sweet as candy hmm..."

Hinata releases a little giggle, "No... they are sour."

He heard the woman leaving the house, locking her door, and getting into her car. There was a boop noise signaling the change from the phone to the car speakers.

He sat up holding the ball on his fingertips "Is your seat belt on?"

"Check!" Hinata confirmed with a click.

"You got everything?"

"Yeah... I think so..."

"Toothbrush, clothes, phone, charger..."

"Yes yes and yes." Hinata declared tapping her phone.

'Starting route to 1205 Meadow Lane.' The woman spoke on the phone.

"Make sure you drive safe... I'm going to miss you."

Hinata let a smile grace her lips, "It's only going to be for two days and I'll be back Sunday... and it's not like I can see you..."

Naruto paused for a second, he definitely should not tell her the times he's driven by her house just to peek at her from her windows...

He sighed "I know but you aren't here... I'm still going to miss you..."

"...Me too."

~

It was a three-hour drive to her destination. For the most part, Naruto had stayed on the phone with her for the majority of the ride making it feel more like a road trip than a devastating journey to hell.

She checked into her hotel not wanting to stay on the compound- she never stayed on the manor. Getting into bed she sighed looking at the time, it was eight at night. Tomorrow she'd have to meet her lovely family.

She was far from excited.

Her phone dinged with a goodnight text from Naruto.

Sexy Fox: Goodnight bunny, maybe next time I could come with you ;)

Sexy Fox: So... you aren't alone ya know.

Juicy Bunny: Goodnight my fox, I would rather you not meet my sweet candy family but thank you *Heart emoji*

Sexy Fox: I don't have to meet them... maybe I can just chill at the hotel :)

Hinata rolled over with her phone, pillow cuddled to her chest, she breathed a happy sigh. A dreamy one- how amazing it would be to have Naruto with her.