Birds of a Feather

Author Note: I don't know if anyone noticed but the last title is a play on promiscuous girl. But it's mysterious girl haha... I crack myself up.... 

When Hinata returned home she nearly screamed when she saw her best friend standing in her driveway.

"N-naruto I'll call you back Temari is here~" She squealed.

"Aight babe, call me later."

"Okay, do your homework!"

"C-can't hear- breaking- can't hear-"

Hinata rolled her eyes, "Naruto!"

The other line clicked signaling he had hung up. Hinata snorted pushing her door open. She smiled as her best friend helped her out of the car.

"Temari!"

"Hi girlie~" Temari beamed giving her a big hug.

They held each other melting in the embrace.

"It's so good to see you, come in !" Hinata pulled her into her home.

The two girls chatted over some tea that Hinata had brewed for her guest. Sitting on her couch they talked excitedly catching each other up on what had been going on in their lives.

"Hmm, I can't believe Neji is still the ass he's always been."

"I know..." Hinata sighed.

She had told her about how Neji was trying to get her to be with Hidan- yet she left out the part where she already had someone.

"He seems worse, what got his head filled?"

"What doesn't?" Hinata joked as the two chuckled.

If anyone could understand even a lick of what Hinata was going through it was Temari. She had been with her through her worse moments and has a high-profile family that she has to hold upon her shoulders.

Both girls were practically the head of their families. Whereas Temari took the role naturally, Hinata did not.

She abandoned it.

Being the oldest direct descendent, the position of the Hyuga head was supposed to be hers. Since she had neglected her 'duties' Hanabi and Neji fight for the title. If Neji was her father's natural-born son he would have the position no doubt- if Hanabi was a male she would have the position without question. It was the sad truth for their family.

They felt men were natural-born leaders, making the hard decisions. They believed women only allowed their emotions to control them. Yet Neji was adopted into her family from another branch, so he did not hold as much power.

In some way, she felt bad for her sister. She had to cast away all feelings and be the ruthless person she is. Once upon a time, she was as sweet as a button.

It was just nice to have someone like Temari by her side. She was more of a sister than she could ask for, she tries her absolute best not to worry her. She has enough with her brothers.

Temari watched the liveliness in Hinata's eyes, it made her heart warm.

"Hinata..." Temari started, catching her attention she looked up with a soft smile. Temari smiled sweetly, "It's good to see you so happy... you deserve it with the shit family you've had."

"I am... I am truly happy Temari." Her thoughts floated to her blonde.

Her sunshine. Her-

"Are you seeing anyone?"