5. Vision/Attack

~Salvatore Boarding House~

"You promised," Zach said as he entered Stefan's room holding a newspaper

Stefan took the newspaper from his hands and looked at it, "Bodies Found Mutilated By Animal" the headline said.

"This was an animal attack," Stefan said

"Don't give me that. I know the game. You tear them up enough, they always suspect an animal attack. You said you had it under control." Zach told him

"And I do" Stefan said thinking about how if he didn't then he probably wouldn't have been able to clean Violet's cut.

"Please, Uncle Stefan. Mystic Falls is a different place now, it's been quiet for years but there are people who still remember. And you being here is just going to stir things up." Zach said as he thought back to the Founders Council and Violet who he supplies with vervain.

"That's not my intention," Stefan said truthfully.

"Then what is? Why did you come back?" Zach asked him

"I already told you. I came back because I felt a pull to stay here, and now that I've met Violet I know what was pulling me here. I can't just leave." Stefan said to him.

"Why not?" Zach asked trying to find the reason that was keeping him here.

"I don't know!" Stefan said in frustration as he tried to think why he couldn't leave other than the fact that it seemed like an unimaginable thing for him to do. He didn't think he could live without Violet Star Gilbert in it and he didn't know why.

~Mystic Falls High School~

"The battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the War in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this Battle? Ms. Bennett?" Tanner questioned her seeing that she was not paying attention, instead, she was whispering with Violet.

"Um...A lot? I'm not sure...but like a whole lot." Bonnie said with an innocent smile.

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett," Tanner told her with an accomplished look on his face as he took in how Bonnie frowned at his comment, which only resulted in pissing Violet off.

"Mr. Donovan?" Tanner asked him with a taunting tone of voice "Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded Jock Stereotype?"

"It's okay, Mr. Tanner. I'm cool with it" Matt said with amusement written on his face when he saw that his comment annoyed Tanner and that the rest of the class laughed at what he said. "Well, that's what you get when you mess with my friend," Matt thought to himself.

"Mmm..." Tanner hummed with an annoyed expression on his face while looking at the blonde quarterback before he turned his attention to Violet which made Stefan tense a little because he didn't want Tanner to insult her like he did the other two.

"Violet? Surely, you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significant Historical Events?" he asked Violet using her first name and not her last name like he did with everyone else, which seemed to make Stefan's ripper want to come out to play (and by play I mean rip off Tanner's head).

"There were 346 casualties. Unless you're accounting for local civilians." she responded not even looking up from her notebook that she was drawing in. Which caused Stefan to look at her surprised that she knew the answer and that there were local civilians killed, since not many people knew about that.

"That's correct, except there were no civilian casualties in this battle," Tanner said to her trying to get her to look up from her notebook.

"Actually... There were 27 civilian casualties. Confederate Soldiers fired on the Church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It had been a night of great tragedy." Stefan and Violet said in sync which caused Violet to look up from her notebook to look at Stefan who was already looking at her.