8. Katherine

Violet patiently waited for Stefan to answer her question. She understood that he needed time to gather his thoughts since this was probably a really personal question. She would've waited to ask but her curiosity got the better of her.

Stefan wondered how he should answer her question because while Stefan no longer had any feelings for Katherine, she was still a sore subject since she is one of the main reasons he and Damon are no longer on good terms.

"Elena reminded me of someone that I had met when I was still human back in 1864." Stefan started.

"Damn so your like 160 years old. Shit, I have a crush on an old man." Violet muttered to herself, but then blushed and hid her face in Stefan's chest when she realized he could hear her.

She felt the vibrations as Stefan chuckled making her blush harder and mutter, "Shut up" while slapping his arm gently.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," he said while still laughing a little as he kissed her head and smoothed out her hair with his hand.

She smiled into his chest, but she didn't want to move since she loved the warmth he gave off.

"Okay, so Katherine, she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Until I had the divine pleasure of meeting you." Stefan said that the last part was completely serious so that she knew he was telling the truth and that he wasn't joking.

She was glad she still had her head buried in his chest because now she was blushing like a tomato right now.

"She was everything a man was looking for. She was pretty and smart, and she came from a wealthy family. She started seeing both me and Damon but she compelled us not to tell each other. But when we did find out that she was with both of us, we fought over her. And when it came time for her to choose a date to the Founders Ball, she chose me." He said and Violet could tell that this part of the story was particularly hard for him so she rubbed his arm in a comforting manner.

"I was so happy that she chose me that I didn't care that she didn't choose Damon. And I am so ashamed of that. I disregarded my brother's feelings for some girl that played us both at the same time. But what we didn't know at the time, or at least I didn't know was that she was a vampire and she was feeding off of us. I don't know about Damon but when I found out she was a vampire I was afraid of her and tried to tell my father, but then she compelled me not to." Stefan continued as he took Violet's hand that was rubbing his arm and brought it up to his lips to kiss it, savoring the feeling of her skin on his lips.

"For me, all I remember is her compelling me and how she used both me and my brother while simultaneously turning us against each other. I guess my father had a hunch that she was a vampire and that she was drinking from me because he put vervain in my drink, so when she drank from me she got a big mouthful of vervain," he said recalling the memories like it was yesterday.

"When she was shocked from the vervain my father came in and put a mussel on her so she couldn't bite anyone and he took her to where the other vampire they captured were. In the church, then he and the other council members set it on fire. But Damon and I made a plan to save her before she went into the church, the only bump in the road was that we got shot and bled to death on the floor." Stefan told her, causing her to hold onto him tightly as she imagined Stefan dying.

"But Damon and I both had Katherine's blood in our systems so we woke back up, in transition. Now, all we had to do was drink some blood and we would be vampires. Damon said that he didn't want to live an eternal life if Katherine wasn't in it so we both made a plan to wait until we die from not drinking blood.

But that didn't go as planned. I went back to our house to see our father and say my last goodbye. But what I didn't expect was him to look at me like I was the devil himself. He was the one who shot and killed us in the woods. Went to attack me with something only for me to throw him back with strength I didn't know I had and I watched helplessly as his weapon had impaled his stomach