15. Dinner Party

After cheer practice ended and they loaded all their things into Violet's car they quickly drove to the store to buy some things and then to her house so she could start making the food.

Group Text to (Caroline, Bonnie, Matt, and Tyler)

Violet: Hey guys the dinner party at my house starts at 6:15

Matt: Ok, do you want us to bring anything?

Tyler: Yeah I think my mom just bought some sparkling cider. Do you want me to bring that?

Violet: Ya the sparkling cider will be good. Make sure to tell you, mom and dad, they are welcome to come too.

Tyler: They said they wish they could make it but they have something to do today.

Caroline: My mom said the same thing. But she did tell me to bring her some leftovers.

Bonnie: Grams said the same thing.

~Gilbert Residence~

"Okay, so I was thinking of making some salad, spaghetti, lasagna, garlic bread, and some red velvet cake for dessert. How does that sound?" Violet asked them.

"That sounds good. Do you want any help with anything?" Caroline asked her as she and Bonnie took out the ingredients Violet needed.

"No thanks, you guys can go watch some TV. You know I like having a kitchen that's not on fire." Violet teased as she pushed them gently to the living room.

"That was 1 time!" Bonnie said in exasperation throwing her arms up.

"And it's fine, Stefan should be here soon with his brother and they can help me cook," Violet commented looking at the clock that said 5 pm.

Text Message to Stefan

Violet: Hey babe when are you guys getting here?

Stefan: We should be there soon I'm just finishing up getting ready then we'll be leaving.

~Salvatore Boarding House~

After football practice ended Stefan went home to take a shower and get ready for the dinner party. He also had to make sure Damon was ready.

"Damon!" Stefan yelled as he walked into the house.

"Yes, Stefan? You know there's no need to yell, I do have superhearing." Damon told him walking down the stairs with a sarcastic smile on his face.

"Violet wanted me to invite you to a dinner party that she is hosting at her house tonight. And before you ask no it wasn't a question you are going because she wanted to let you know who was on her list of people that you can't hurt." Stefan said.

"Ok well just let me know when we're leaving then," Damon said to him pouring himself some bourbon.

"That will never not be weird," Stefan muttered to himself about Damon just agreeing to things as he walked up to his room to take a shower and get ready.

After his shower, he picked out some clothes to wear and started getting dressed. He heard his phone get a notification as he was putting on his shirt and saw it was a text from Violet.

After texting Violet that they should be there soon he headed downstairs to tell Damon their leaving.

"Damon comes on it's time to go," he said.

"Alright. Come on let's take my car." Damon said walking out of the house.

The short drive there was spent in comfortable silence between the two brothers.