14. Cheer/Football

The next day on her way to school Violet picked up Bonnie and Caroline.

"Can we stop to get some iced coffee please?" Caroline asked when she got in the car.

"Duh, how else are we supposed to survive school for a whole day," Bonnie said.

All of them laughed at that. Once they got their coffee they headed to school.

"So I was thinking we could have a little dinner party at my house tonight," Violet said as they walked towards the school.

"Sure, I'm down. What's the occasion?" Bonnie asked.

"No occasion, I just have nothing better to do so I thought I would cook for you guys," she told them.

"Well count me in, I mean who would turn down free food from you?" Caroline asked laughing.

"Cool, so we can just go straight to my house after cheer practice today and make sure to text Grams Bonnie and Carebare your mom to ask if they want to join us, I'll make sure to tell the boys about it.." she said. Caroline and Bonnie nodded in response.

"Good morning you guys," Stefan said walking up to them, hugging Violet to his side, and giving her head a little kiss. "I brought you a muffin just in case you haven't eaten yet," he told her handing her a chocolate chip muffin.

"Thank you," Violet said smiling at him as she started eating the muffin.

"Aww, you guys are so cute. But Bonnie and I have to go check the Cheer Roster to see who's trying out. I'll send you the list. Bye," Caroline said as she and Bonnie started walking away.

"Bye," Violet yelled back.

"Do you want some of my coffee?" Violet asked Stefan.

"Sure" he smiled as she brought the straw to his mouth for him to take a sip.

"So I'm having a dinner party at my house tonight, and you're coming," she told him with a smile.

"Am I?" he asked teasing her with a little smile.

"Yes, you are. Oh and ask Damon if he wants to join too. I need to let him know who is off-limits for him." she said as they started walking to their first period.

"Will do. So I was talking to Matt and Tyler yesterday and I'm thinking of trying out for the football team today." Stefan said.

"Really! Yay, this will be great. Now I can cheer you on." she said throwing her hands around his neck and hugging him.

"Whoa slow down. I said I was trying out, I haven't made the team yet," he said to her after he put her back down.

"Oh please the only thing standing between you and a spot on the team is Tanner and even though he doesn't like you he will definitely let you on the team because they need the help," she told him confidently.

They got to their first period right as the bell rung, so they quickly took their seats before Tanner could say anything to them. Tanner quickly started his lesson while Violet and Stefan kept exchanging flirty glances with each other.

"World War II ended in...anyone? Got anything?...Miss Juan...?" Tanner stopped as he looked at their classmate who didn't know the answer so she guessed, "1945."

"Psst, I hope you make it on the team. You know Matt and Tyler are getting kind of tired of carrying our varsity team on their backs." Violet whispered teasingly.

"Really? Okay fine, I'll try out," he told her with a little smile even though he was already going to try out.

"Miss Gilbert?" Tanner's annoying voice said with a scowl on his face as he noticed their whispering conversation.