53. Dress Shopping

It was around 11 am and Jenna, Violet, Caroline, Bonnie, Grams, Liz, and Carol were all out shopping for the perfect dresses for the girls to wear for the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant.

They started at 8 am so they have all been dress shopping for 3 hours with no luck and they were starting to get really annoyed with the fact that every dress they saw was not at all what they were looking for.

"These won't do at all." Carol claimed in distaste as she examined a rack of dresses that had the cleavage too low.

"Seriously, why are these in the 'elegant dresses' aisle?" Grams added, shaking her head.

"Come on, we've been at this for 3 hours already. Why don't we get some food? The brunch place we all love is just around the corner. We should go eat then we can continue shopping." Violet said when Bonnie and Caroline shoved her forward for her to tell them that they were starving.

"I guess that could help." Carol sighed.

~At the Restaurant~

After they all ordered their food Jenna was looking around like she was remembering something.

"Hey, I think the place that Miranda and I went dress shopping for her wedding is not too far from here." Jenna told them looking out the window see if she remembered any of the stores.

"Yeah, see? Liz, Carol, do you guys remember that place?" Jenna asked, pointing at a shop near them.

"Yes, oh I almost forgot about that place. The amount of dresses she made me try on was atrocious." Liz said, cringing at the memory. She already hated wearing dresses but for her sister in all but blood she would suffer to make her happy. Which is a trait that their daughters (including Bonnie) all shared with them.

"No kidding, and you only had to try on half of what I tried on." Jenna said, rolling her eyes at the memory.

"Oh, come on, it wasn't that bad." Carol told them, shaking her head at their exaggeration. While Bonnie, Caroline, and Violet were all smiling at the interaction. They all hoped that this is what they would be like in the future.

"Knowing my mom, I think it was. She could shop for days." Violet said laughing with Caroline and Bonnie.

She would always be the one to take them dress shopping because she just loved doing it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After they all ate they left to go to the dress shop.

"Hi, welcome, my name is Alicia. What can I help you with today?" a lady greeted them when they entered the door. She looked to be around Gram's age.

"We are just looking for some dresses for them to wear for the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant." Carol said looking around the room with appraising eyes and the girls could see that she approved of the dresses in this shop.

"Well, I'm sure we can find some dresses for them." Alicia assured them.

"Now, ladies tell me, what kind of dress are you looking for?" Alicia asked the girls.

"I'm looking for something simple and elegant that reaches about my knees." Bonnie explained.

"Same, but I want it to complement and match with my blue eyes." Caroline pointed out.

"I want something fancy but not too over the top. I would prefer it if there wasn't too much cleavage showing and I like being able to move and dance in my dress also." Violet explained.