20. Subject 21051

"So what are we talking about?" Damon asked curiously.

"Let's talk in my room. My family will be coming home soon and I don't want them to interrupt," she told him walking back inside and up to her room.

"You can sit there," she said pointing to her desk chair, "I'm just gonna change really quick," she said grabbing her pajamas and heading to the bathroom.

Her PJ's

Damon sat down wondering what she wanted to talk about, "It couldn't be about him using Brittney as his blood bag, right?" he thought to himself

His thoughts were interrupted by Violet coming out of the bathroom and sitting down on her bed in front of him.

He was gonna ask her another question but before he could she said, "Subject 21051" causing him to immediately tense up.

"What?" he questioned his body almost fully stiff with how those numbers affected him.

"That's you isn't it? You're subject 21051, the number is given to you by the Augustine secret society. You were captured 1953 and escaped 1958, and ever since then you have been killing off members of the Whitmore family because of what their ancestors did to you, leaving just one to continue the family line." she listed off.

"How do you know that?" he whispered looking at her with a horrified/angry expression. He wasn't angry at her but at all the doctors that treated him as an experiment. And memories from that were shining through and was like he was reliving them all over and over again.

"Well the letter that I read earlier, the one from my dad, he wrote about Augustine and how they recruited him. He found out all of the information he could before he died and left it in my hands." she started.

"You see he was a doctor/vampire hunter, but the thing about him is that he and my uncle they only hunted bad vampires. Don't ask how they knew they were bad because it's just a gut feeling we get and we always trust our gut." she continued.

"During my father's time at Augustine he found only one good vampire and he left me all the information they had on him so I could rescue him when the time was right. I think you know him, subject 12144 AKA Lorenzo St. John." she said causing his eyes to widen in surprise.

"He's still there?!!!" he yelled standing up with a horrified expression.

"I thought he was dead," he whispered as he sat down relieving the moment he left his best friend for dead.

"Why would you think that?" she asked him softly, it was obvious that he was vulnerable at the moment so she didn't want to push him too hard.

"Because I left him for dead," he said lowering his head in shame.

"Come here," she said patting the part on the bed next to her for him to sit. She watched as he got up and sat next to her before grabbing his hand in comfort (she is not going to cheat on Stefan. She is just comforting Damon as a FRIEND).

"When I escaped, I was only able to do so because Enzo gave me his rations so that I would have enough strength to break my chains. But after I got out I started killing Doctor Whitmore and all of his party guests it was an Augustine party. But I knocked over a candle in the process accidentally starting a fire. So I quickly went over to Enzo's cell to break the bars only to find that it was laced with vervain. So I left him to die in the fire because I couldn't break the bars." he said sadly as he stared at their intertwined hands.

Damon didn't notice that he was crying until Violet's other hand came up and wiped away his tears. He turned away embarrassed but she turned his head back to her gently grasping his face.

"Hey it's okay to show emotion it doesn't make you weak it just means you're strong enough to keep fighting through them. Besides I know you're leaving something out, you would never do that," she said softly.

"What are you leaving out?" she asked him looking deep into his eyes.

"...I turned off my emotions," he whispered. If it were anyone else he probably would've lied but with the way she was looking at him it was like she was compelling him to tell the truth.

"After I realized I wouldn't be able to break the bars, I knew that the only way I would leave him was if my emotions were off. So I flipped the switch and watched as the fire grew," he said.

Violet could see he wasn't in the room with her anymore, he had that faraway look in his eyes telling her he was reliving leaving Enzo to burn.

The only thing that snapped him out of his memories was when she hugged him. He immediately hugged her back as he sobbed quietly into her shoulder.

They sat there like that until he calmed down. Then she finally explained why she brought up this subject.

"He's being held at Whitmore College in a room underground. I know where it is and I know how to get in. That's what I have planned for the three of us tomorrow. We're gonna save him and shut down their little secret society for good." she told him.

He pulled away in shock, his hands still on her shoulders as he gaped at her like a fish. Finally pulling himself out of his shock he asked, "We can save him?"

"We can save him," she said positively. "But the building is vampire protected meaning I need to get Wes Maxfield and make him invite you guys in." (she knew Wes' name because of her omniscience).

She let him process all this information first before telling him that she was gonna call Stefan and tell him that he can come over now.

Damon decided to leave before his brother came over so that he could process all of this information by himself.

"Hey baby, you guys done talking?" Stefan asked answering the phone.

"Yup, you can come over now but can you pick up some pizza on your way, please? I'm starving," she asked him.

"Of course, I can. You want pepperoni right?" Stefan said picking up his bag that had his clothes in it.

"Obviously. What other kind of pizza would I want?" she said jokingly, with a little giggle. Stefan laughed a little too.

"Of course what was I thinking?" he responded joking.

"Okay beautiful, I'm gonna go now. I should be there in 10 minutes. Bye I love you." he said.

"Okay bye handsome, I love you too," she said before hanging up