17. "Old Man"

~Gilbert Residence~

As Violet was walking down the stairs she could hear Jenna screaming at something and as she walked further down she saw why she was screaming at the TV.

"Again. The animal terrorizing Mystic Falls has been caught-" The news reporter said with a fake smile on his face.

"Scum Ball. Scum Bucket.' Jenna yelled as she threw popcorn at it.

"Really Jenna again. You know you're not supposed to be watching the news." Violet reprimanded as she got some yogurt, granola, and berries out of the fridge.

"I'm gonna make a parfait do you want one," Violet asked.

"No I'm good I already ate," Jenna responded.

"What are you doing with that?" Jenna asked her as she saw Violet looking at things in a box.

"I visited the town archives yesterday afternoon and retrieved it from the safe deposit box. Mom had agreed to loan it to the Founders Council for their Heritage Exhibit." Violet said pulling out an antique beautiful ring.

"Is that Grandma Beth's Wedding Ring?" Elena questioned as she looked at their family heirloom with greedy eyes.

"Originally, it had been Great-Great Grandma Mary's wedding ring." Violet corrected without looking up from the ring she was polishing.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth? You know, like on eBay?" Elena asked as she started reaching out to grab some of the heirlooms.

"You're not gonna find out," Violet said grabbing her hand that was trying to reach for the heirlooms.

"Fine!" Elena yelled rolling her eyes and stomping her way out of the house.

"Okay, so it looks like I'm gonna have to talk to your Uncle John about her again," Jenna said as she watched Elena storm out of the house.

"You're not just giving these away right?" Jeremy asked a little concerned as he went to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

"I'm not giving it away. I'm just loaning it to Carol, and she agreed to return it once the Founders Council Celebration was over." Violet assured him.

"Jer come here," Violet said pulling out an old pocket watch.

"What's up?" he said taking a seat on the couch near the box.

"I wanted to give you this. Dad was going to give you this but he didn't get a chance to before he died. This is the Gilbert Family Pocket Watch and it is passed down to every first born son of every family." Violet told him sitting down next to him and handing him the pocket watch.

"Thank you Star," Jer said with tears welling up in his eyes as he brought Violet in for a hug.

About an hour later after Violet had finished getting the rest of her family heirlooms ready for Carol Lockwood she texted Tyler to come pick it up.

"Jer, Tyler should be here soon to pick up the box of heirlooms make sure to get me if there's something missing," she said closing up the box.

"Okay," he replied not looking away from the show he was watching.

They both heard the doorbell go off and they knew it wasn't Tyler since he usually just walks right in.

So Violet went to check who was at the door. When she opened the door she was pleasantly surprised that the person at the door was her boyfriend Stefan.

"Hi" Stefan greeted with a loving smile on his face as he gazed down at his girlfriend.

She quickly pulled him inside the house and closed the door. And making sure her brother wasn't looking at them she pulled Stefan down to her height to place a gentle kiss on his lips.