Croon for you

Written by:
ContraryBee

Summary:

"Hey, that's mine nerd, get your hands off it—"

Izuku snaps at Katsuki when he reaches for his hoodies, baring his cute little omega teeth and growling in that tiny, light voice that wasn't threatening at all.

It still makes Katsuki rip his fingers back out of reach, spine straightening and an odd look cross over his face. Izuku sniffs, unimpressed, and continues into his den, kicking the door closed behind him. Impertinent alpha. The nest wasn't done. If he knows what's good for him, he'd stay out of the way until Izuku croons for him.

_______________________________

Izuku realizes he's started preheat the moment he's re-organizing his furniture.

Standing back to frown and squint, Izuku tilts his head and tries to identify the problem. Everything out of the way of the bed. The blinds comfortingly closed, a warm pile of blankets (not nearly enough comfort, not nearly enough scent). Water, food. All good. All good but...

The bed. It was too low.

First, he wrestles the mattress off the frame. He went looking for some supports, trotting through the dormitory to steal books and boxes and other things and eventually got the bedframe propped up about a meter taller, standing on four piles of stuff and shoved lopsidedly tight in the corner. The mattress stuffed underneath and one of the curtains from the building's front windows hung over top to create a comfortable cave, Izuku fusses with the way it hangs half in front, creating a door. Perfect. Like a small fortress.

Now to build the nest within the burrow.

It took the class a shamefully long time to notice his scurrying. It was about the third trip he took from the second floor down to his bedroom, arms laden full with blankets and clothes and pillows and stuff that actually...well...that's--

"Hey, that's mine nerd, get your hands off it—"

Izuku snaps at Katsuki when he reaches for his hoodies, baring his cute little omega teeth and growling in that tiny, light voice that wasn't threatening at all.

It still makes Katsuki rip his fingers back out of reach, spine straightening and an odd look cross over his face. Izuku sniffs, unimpressed, and continues into his den, kicking the door closed behind him. Impertinent alpha. The nest wasn't done. If he knows what's good for him, he'd stay out of the way until Izuku croons for him.

Outside the door in the hallway, Katsuki stands still and grinds his teeth together, fingers flexing into fists and releasing.

"What, Deku just made Bakugou back off?" Mina muses from where she knelt up to watch over the couch back.

"Shut the fuck up, pinky!" He snarls, and moves again to Deku's door, seemingly planning to bang on it. But the door swings inwards before he can, and Izuku steps out with a half-focused face. He curls up into Katsuki's chest, scents him right there in the hallway, chitters something that could have been half a purr, before closing the door and wandering away up the stairs again.

Was he heading for more of Katsuki's clothes? For someone else's textbooks? To rip another curtain rod off the wall? Nobody knew, but the small collection of students in the living room were treated to the sight of a dumbfounded Katsuki smelling of fresh rosemary.

Bursting into hysterical laughter, they fall over one another.

"Sh-shut the fuck up!" He blushes too, hands popping.

"Deku's in preheat, stupid." Mina chortles behind her hands, "Looks like you've been chosen for nest duty! What an honour!"

"I don't have time for this! I got studying and shit, exams are weeks away!" Katsuki rages, but half flinches and darts away when the stairway door slaps open. The alpha pretends he didn't just flee, as Todoroki stands there and holds the door for a laden down Izuku. The fluffy green hair could only just be seen behind the pile of what looked like Katsuki's bed sheets and pillows, stripped right off the mattress.