No Easy Steps

Written by:
surveycorpsjean

~ TodoBakuDeku

Summary:

As Captain of his own ship, Katsuki takes a prisoner that's more trouble than he's worth.

_______________________________

A chaotic battle is a war already won. If your men can scream, then they're alive – and out here on the free water, living is all you've got. They don't dig graves at sea, but if you're a bad enough bastard they might just sing songs about you.

The treasure is unintended, yet easy to spot. Just look for the red and white asshole cutting down half the fucking crew.

Denki is flipped overboard, and Katsuki heavily sighs, because he knows he's going to have to fish his stupid ass back out later.

A navy marine tries to cross the plank between their bobbing ships, and Katsuki kicks the idiot square in the chest, sending them howling off the port side. Swords clash and voices shout, but Katsuki has his eyes on one prize only.

The admiral is a tall, slender, and uppity-as-all-fuck lookin' guy. Stupid little tassels hanging off his shoulders like one of them fancy ottomans they kick their feet on, trussed up like some Christmas chicken, a stuck pincushion with all those pointless badges, like the gold means something other than money. Katsuki wants to rip it from his chest and bite down to see if it's real.

"You are not stealing my ship," the admiral hisses, parrying against two swords, then flipping the cutlass, and disarming them both. Katsuki slides the tip of his saber between the admiral's sword and Satou's neck, effectively saving him from a nasty beheading. Satou shrinks away. Katsuki steps forwards, and hums.

"It's already mine, Todoroki."

His gaze hardens at the sound of his name. He reminds Katsuki of those little groomed bitches the rich folk keep on their laps. Pretty, expensive, and a nasty little biter, but still a damn dog.

Their swords clash once, twice. Shouto then points with his rapier, and Katsuki raises his eyebrows at the gall.

"I know who you are. I will present your crew to my superiors, and you will pay for your crimes, pirate."

Katsuki outsteps him, already familiar with the posh fencing style these nobles study in droves.

"I've been shot off a rope three times. Your king's noose don't scare me." Shouting echoes behind him as a canon brings down the navy mast. Shouto's eyes dart sideways, and it's an open opportunity. Katsuki tips his saber around the hook of his rapier, and sends it straight into the wood deck below. It warbles with a metal noise, and Shouto steps back in thinly masked surprise. Katsuki grins wickedly. "You can call me captain. But daddy works too, pretty boy."

Shouto scowls, and it feels good to chip a crack into that expressionless face of his. The scar wrinkles with his frown. Flames go up on the starboard side, and Katsuki feels empowered by the heat of it, like he could walk on coals into hell.

"You low-lives are all the same. Stealing, pillaging, living above the law because you think you don't have to follow the rules. But on judgment day, the scales of justice always come due."

Ugh, he speaks so proper. Katsuki runs the tip of his sword up the badges on his dress coat. The metal clinks all the way to his shoulder, where Katsuki then flicks the fringes, and hums.

"It's adorable that you think your sins are worth less than mine."

"You are a murderer."

"Heh, and you're not?"