finding the world under foot

Written by:
ContraryBee

~ Chubby Midoriya Izuku

Summary:

Faced with an overwhelming public backlash, Izuku is floundering now that he's been exposed as Dynamight's lover. He can handle it. He does handle it.

Until he can't anymore. Praise Katsuki's emotional sensitivity training! No miscommunication here.

Just healthy, safe, sane, and consensual fucking-till-he-feels-better conflict resolution. Fuck yeah.

_______________________________

Izuku stares, bemused, at a woman doing her utmost to lord her few extra inches of height over him.

"I'm sorry," he says, without actually feeling sorry, "but you're telling me this, because?"

"I'm concerned for you," pink lips smile condescendingly, like he couldn't tell the difference between genuine concern and smug satisfaction, "Katsuki keeps telling me how he doesn't want to hurt you anymore, but I can't live in denial. It's just not who I am."

The first reaction has gone and past, and Izuku's ready to flay into this girl when said topic of conversation comes up behind him. Izuku can tell, because the large, scarred palm that grasps his hip and pulls him closer, the warm line of muscled heat, and the husky voice pressed into his hair are all part of man Izuku knows better than himself.

"Ready to go, baby?" Katsuki slips his thumb under Izuku's shirt to feel his skin. "I wanna get the fuck out of here and get the fuck in you."

The woman's face twists.

Izuku waits patiently. When she doesn't seem like she was going to speak, and actually, has a rather hunted look on her face, Katsuki clues in that Izuku hadn't just been chatting with this person.

His head lifts and red eyes freeze her solid.

"Who are you?" He asks, bluntly, rude.

Usually this is when Izuku muffles him with a few sheepish laughs, smoothing it over with these 'extras' that Katsuki couldn't give less of a fuck about but this time? This time, he's got one too many champagnes in him and he's feeling salty. This was rather bold too. Bold, to approach Dynamight's 'new beau' and lie right to his face almost immediately after the reveal that he even had a beau.

"Oh, I think her name was Aki." Izuku says, blithely ignoring the now pleading look in her eyes. "She was just telling me how I should let you dump me so you and her could be happy together. She was just concerned for me, so I can understand why she called me plain, stupid, and fat in the same sentence."

The silence after was beautifully terrifying.

"I'm not allowed to kill her, am I?" Katsuki asks, as the woman pales more and more and actually sways on her feet.

He's not serious, but Izuku contemplates the question long enough for Aki to ooze herself away on five-inch heels she clearly didn't fit properly. Those were going to hurt her back before long.

"Fucking bitch." Katsuki rumbles, his hold on Izuku's hp tight and nearly painful. Red eyes follow her in the crowd, tall enough to pick out her hair color. "Doesn't know what she's fucking talking about."

"We saw it coming, Kacchan," Izuku sighs tiredly, letting himself lean against his pro-hero boyfriend. "In the media's eyes I came out of nowhere, I'm quirkless, and I am overweight." He and his mother had so many things in common, one was their penchant to eat their feelings and they had a lot of feelings to eat through.