It's rotten work. Not to me. Not if it's you.

Written by: ElStark

Summary:

"I know I like you more than you like me," he lets out a sigh, wet, trembling, and heartbroken. "It's okay, though. I don't mind as long as you like me enough to be with me," Izuku's fists close around Katsuki's shirt. "I love you so much, Kacchan," he rubs his face against Katsuki's chest, tears dampening the fabric, "So much."

_______________________________

When it happens, it's on a night like many others.

They are out with their friends. The old UA class reunited for drinks and being a general menace to the people around them with their rowdy cheer and laughter.

Izuku is cuddled up against his side, warm and soft and mumbling to himself as he hums and nuzzles his entire face into Katsuki's chest. Like a bunny burrowing into safety and warmth.

Katsuki's heart feels as if it's going to burst out of him. He was so goddamn happy.

"God, he's soo cuuute," Mina cries out drunkenly, squishing her own cheeks as she pouts at Izuku. "I just wanna squish him and protect him from everything."

"Fuck off," Katsuki says with no heat, arm curling tighter around Izuku.

"He's totally an affectionate drunk," Denki declares, sprawled half on the table, looking up from one eye with a lopsided smile. "Cute."

"You, fuck off too," Katsuki snaps, making the jackasses he called friends burst into another bout of laughter.

"I've never seen him this gone," Sero muses, peeking from slitted eyes, half asleep on top of Todoroki, who has already started snoring on the table. "He usually doesn't let himself go like this."

Katsuki strokes Izuku's arm absently, nose burying into his curls and breathing in before he turned to acknowledge their friends, cheek smushed on top of Izuku's, "Work's been stressful. He needed the release."

Mina coos sympathetically, making a half-attempt at reaching over the table to pet Izuku's head. Katsuki slaps her hand away.

"Jesus," Sero snorts, "Worse than a guard dog."

Katsuki bares his teeth, "I bite too."

Their friends roll their eyes and snort into the dregs of their drinks.

Katsuki doesn't pay any mind to them, though, because Izuku is conscious again and looking around them with bleary eyes. He blinks at Katsuki with damp eyes, long lashes catching with every blink, "Kacchan," his voice quiet and rough with misuse. "I'm tired."

Katsuki hugs him close, pressing his nose and lips against Izuku's forehead and cheeks, "Let's go. I'll take you home."

He manages to get Izuku on his feet, arms still firmly around him, carrying most of his weight as they made their way out; Katsuki flips his friends off in lieu of goodbye.

A cab ride later, and they're making slow, stumbling progress a street away from their shared apartment when Izuku suddenly comes awake and announces, "I'll use float!" and does just that.

"Izuku! No!" Katsuki swipes at him, catching the edge of his hoodie just in time. "No quirk use while drunk!"

Izuku giggles, floating on his back above Katsuki, "Don't worry, I'm fine!" he says, doing a spin to prove his point and immediately turning green. "Uh-oh," he holds his hands above his mouth and looks at Katsuki with wild eyes.

Katsuki sighs and tugs him down to the pavement, prodding Izuku into a crouching position, rubbing his back as his boyfriend spills his guts on the grass. "And that's why we don't use our quirks while drunk, remember now?"