Lightning in a Bottle

Written by: korro

Summary:

Customer Note: "Extra sprinkles, please.

Can the nice lady with pink and purple hair bring out my order? I'm sorry to bother. Thank you. = ) "

______________________________

Summer air is so full of love, but the heaviness of heat and the sun's rays must be too much to bear when paired with light teal fur. A cafe nearby is the only solace, but the young woman is too tall to fit through the cafe doors, blushing when she locks eyes with Nagant. She turns, thick eyelashes fluttering as she straightens up and looks away.

Two minutes later, a mobile order comes through for a vanilla milkshake, two notes added in the "options" section:

"Extra sprinkles please. = )

I'm sorry to bother, but may you bring it outside? I'm too tall to fit into the cafe. "

Nagant reads the note, brow raising at the tall woman idly standing by the door. Her turquoise fur shines like velvet, head tucked down beneath her white hair. A single strand sticks out from the rest, falling gracefully over her features, but both ears atop her head are drooped. Even her shoulders curl inward, focused only on her phone and too shy to take in the city noises around her.

She's undeniably cute.

Nagant volunteers to make it, adding extra sprinkles to the whipped cream so it forms a multicolored mountain. The colors spill into the drink to add bits of pinks and purples and blues. Nagant tucks a pink straw through the lid, carefully carrying it outside into the warm air.

The woman jolts at the jingle of the doorbells, ears straightened out in alarm before they droop once again.

"Here you go, sweetheart," Nagant holds out the cup, delighted when the woman shyly murmurs a "Thank you."

Her eyes are a deep blue, the color of the sea when the sun is just beginning to rise. She's gorgeous, nose gently sloping to a point that tapers off to white fur down her neck and shoulders.

"You're so pretty," Nagant smiles easily. "Never seen you here before."

"I... just moved," She squeaks.

"Nice. Hope you like it." Nagant gestures tot he milkshake with an easy smile. "I'll see you around sometime."

The woman nods shakily when Nagant gives a playful wink, letting her skirt twirl behind her as she disappears into the cafe.

゚✧*:・゚*✿❀♡❀✿*:・゚✧*・゚ *✿❀♡❀✿*・゚✧*:・゚

"Extra sprinkles, please.

Can the nice lady with pink and purple hair bring out my order? I'm sorry to bother. Thank you. = ) "

It's the tall woman again, her face hidden from view. Nagant sees the way she leans against the wall, trying to blend in despite her size. How strange for a pretty girl like that to be so bashful, hiding away from the world like the world's rarest jewel. It's easy to see why she avoids confrontation, rude passerbys sneakily taking pictures and pointing ton her as if she's a spectacle.

The milkshake is cold in Nagant's hand when she takes it outside, fiercely eyeing a man who snickers at the woman until he notices Nagant's hard stare. He turns quickly, the interaction brief enough that nagant can fake a smile when she looks up at sea-blue eyes.

"Nice to see you," Nagant holds out the milkshake. "Extra sprinkles just for you."

"Thank you... you're really kind!"