Daddy Cool

Written by: lalazee

Summary:

"Where the hell have you been all my life?"

"Shaping Japan's youth," Deku says as he crawls atop Katsuki's lap and shoves one of Katsuki's hands down his leather pants. "Now get me off."

Or: Deku is a kindergarten teacher who makes bad decisions because he's a romantic and a slut, while Bakugou finally makes one very good decision.

_______________________________

Naomi's mother is late.

The winter afternoon is darkening with the impending early sunset and the threat of snow as Deku briefly glances out the window, diverting his attention from where Naomi's riot of dark curls are bowed in play, coloring by numbers at the big, low table now devoid of any students but herself.

But this isn't the first time, so Deku isn't worried. Ashido Mina is always blustering through the side doors of the vast international school building, all jangling gold hoop earrings and neon pink hair and long, long nails. She's smiley and charming and can sweep Deku away with an apology, her vibrancy whirling up the neat kindergarten room like a fashionable typhoon.

Her attitude is so different from her intense, reticent daughter that if they didn't share the same fine, striking Blasian features, one would never guess they're related.

Ashido Mina made it clear from the start that, at times, she might be late. Working as a personal stylist for one of the most popular J-pop girl bands in the world does not allow for regular work hours, and Mina has already paid her extra dues to ensure Deku spends the overtime with Naomi after school hours end.

But she's later than normal and Deku is beginning to consider calling her.

"Naomi," Deku says, dropping to a crouch beside her to smile and meet her watchful gaze. He speaks in clear, slow English, because that's what the parents pay him for. "Do you need anything? I could get us a snack while we—"

"Naomi!" A male gruff, absolutely male voice cuts in with a breathless tone of relief. In Japanese, he says, "I found you."

Deku looks up and startles in stilled shock as Naomi flings herself from the chair with uncustomary glee and launches herself into the arms of a man with spiked blonde hair, wearing black from head to toe.

"Daddy!" Naomi's chubby cheeks bunch up as she smiles brightly and touches her—father's?—face with both hands, seeming to hold him in place to admire. Deku can't blame her. "Mr Midoriya said he can bring us a snack. Do you want snack too? Did you remember to eat your lunch?"

"I'm sure Mr Midoriya has better things to do than feed us," the man says, casually hiking Naomi higher in his arms like she weighs as much as a Pomeranian. Even in the winter coat, the set of his shoulders and the way he carries himself makes it clear the man is stacked underneath.

Mentally shaking away the casual admiration, Deku offers a cautious smile as he approaches.

"I'm sorry, are you Naomi's father? You're on her pick-up list?"

The school year is almost over and only Mina has ever retrieved Naomi at the end of day, so it's been a long time since Deku has checked her list allowances. Naomi has mentioned her father on several occasions, always brightening considerably, and her personal documents state that her parents are not together, but again, it has been a long time.

"I damn well better be," the dad says, his gaze landing solidly on Deku, and oh , his eyes are some kind of hot cinnamon red, intense and narrowed. "I am her father, after all. Mina is forgetful as hell, but I'm pretty sure she remembers that part of our relationship."