slow down (it's a science)

Written by:
scribespirare

Summary:

Izuku gets invited over to Katsuki's apartment to get high.

_______________________________

There's a guy who sits in the back of Izuku's intro to chem class and Izuku can't decide if he hates him or wants to jump his bones. Both maybe?

The chem class is at the ungodly hour of 8am, but for some reason Katsuki Bakugou, whose name Izuku knows thanks to the roll call, never comes in half-asleep or exhausted like the rest of the students. Hair messy but in a stylized fashion, clothes equally messy but stylized, a surprisingly large messenger bag thrown over his shoulder, and though he always sits at the back of the room and never asks questions, he dutifully takes notes for the entire lecture. Not even Izuku does that, and he considers himself a pretty good student. Sometimes his eyes just glaze over though, or his attention drifts to his phone or to a particularly interesting doodle in the corner of his notebook. Not Katsuki though. No, every time Izuku glances over the blonde always looks serious, pencil moving rapidly over the page. It's such a strange contradiction with the loose, easy way he carries himself, the don't-give-a-fuck feel of his leather jacket and multiple facial piercings.

"You're staring again." Occhako's quiet voice snaps Izuku's out of his thoughts and he quickly turns in his seat to face the board again, cheeks flaming. Luckily Katsuki always seems too focused to notice Izuku's staring, but his best friend has been ribbing him about it for ages.

"Why don't you just ask him out already?" said best friend murmurs. She's still looking forward but she's twirling her pencil between her fingers instead of taking notes.

"I can't just do that!" Izuku squeaks in reply and several students turn to glare at him. He hunches his shoulders and lowers his voice to a harsh whisper. "Look at him! He'd eat me alive."

"Mmhmm," Occhako agrees, the corner of her mouth tilting up. "And you'd love every second of it."

"Maybe," Izuku says mulishly, face flushing once more. "But that's not the point. You can't just walk up to someone and ask them out. That's...that's weird."

With a sigh Occhako puts down her pencil and fishes out her phone. After a moment of tapping at the screen she slides it across the table to him, and he glances down at a text conversation she had with her girlfriend, Tsuyu. Apparently, Tsuyu recently found out that Katsuki is their friend Mina's dealer. As in, he sells drugs to Mina, which Tsuyu then occasionally buys off of her.

"Huh," Izuku says, unable to be too surprised. With the way Katsuki looks, all rugged and angry, heavy brows, dark clothing, the piercings, it's easy to believe he's involved with drugs in his spare time. Even if he does take chem a little too seriously.

"That's your in," Occhako says, sliding her phone back and typing out a quick message to Tsuyu. She puts it away a moment later and hastily copies the current slide on the projector before the instructor moves on to the next one. "Just...ask to buy from him. Strike up a conversation."

"I don't do drugs though," Izuku replies, trying not to whine. They've never interested him, and it's probably easy to tell at a glance.

"Just ask to buy a g of weed or something off him, everybody smokes. You can just give it to me afterwards. Tsuyu and I will smoke it and you get to talk to your man-crush."

"He's not-" Izuku yelps, but again several people turn to glare at him and he swallows the rest of the sentence. Only once everyone has gone back to taking notes does he hiss, "He's not my man crush."