A Lesson to Remember

Written by: midori_kibou

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

Contains:

~ Non Traditional Alpha/Beta/Omega Dynamics
~ Alpha/Alpha

Summary:

He just wants to crash on the couch, but he values his life enough to at least shower and change into fresh clothes before laying down on any surface of the house (though someone would argue that his actions often proved otherwise).

As he steps past the genkan, however, Izuku immediately notices something is wrong. The first hint is that the spiced scent of his mate is far too potent in their small space, and it immediately alerts him. The possibility of Katsuki being injured is low, because hint number two marks a subtle difference between the two strikingly similar scents.

_______________________________

"I'm home." Izuku sighs, pinching the bridge between his brows as he steps through the door. The alphan hero trudges in, worn by the day's wear, kicking off his shoes as neatly as he can at the genkan. He'll have to deal with Katsuki's gripings later; right now, he's so tired. He just wants to crash on the couch, but he values his life enough to at least shower and change into fresh clothes before laying down on any surface of the house (though someone would argue that his actions often proved otherwise).

As he steps past the genkan, however, Izuku immediately notices something is wrong. The first hint is that the spiced scent of his mate is far too potent in their small space, and it immediately alerts him. The possibility of Katsuki being injured is low, because hint number two marks a subtle difference between the two strikingly similar scents. While both are distressed, one of the scents has a sour note of confusion and the tiniest hint of fear hidden amongst the softer undertones. It tugs at Izuku's heart, and it carries his legs faster.

Izuku isn't even sure how he missed the third hint, because he hears his mate yelling, but he also hears someone who sounds like his mate arguing back. There are only two conclusions, and one is highly unlikely. Assuming Katsuki didn't come home from work to scream at himself in the mirror, Izuku can only assume that–

"If you don't fucking tell me who you are, I'm gonna blast your ass through the window!"

"I already told you, you're the one throwing a fuckin' fit!"

"There's no way this is my fuckin' future if you're tellin' me I'm mated to fuckin' Deku !"

"You are literally dating him right now!"

"THAT'S NOT THE FUCKIN' POINT!"

Izuku rounds the corner and confirms his suspicions when he takes in the scene before him.

There's his Kacchan, still half-suited up, most likely flew in straight after an incident report, his gym bag dropped haphazardly at his feet, its contents spilling onto the floor. His mask tangles in his hair, gauntlets propped against the sofa.

Across from him is a shorter, younger looking version of Kacchan. His scars still look somewhat fresh , and he's still wearing UA's uniform. The only give of his age is the golden necklace around his neck, because Izuku gave him that after their first date together in the third year.

"I'm home."

Both heads turn to look at Izuku almost immediately, and he's met with two different expressions. His Kacchan softens at once, brows unfurrowing and a corner of his lips tugged into an effortlessly gorgeous smirk. Younger Katsuki, on the other hand, pinches his eyebrows harder, eyes wide and glaring openly at Izuku, though he doesn't miss that little glint of something hidden underneath.