FUZZY | Inosuke H.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Genre: Fluff
Warnings: None

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Inosuke traveled through the dark butterfly mansion's hallways, stomping his way down the wooden floorboards. He grumbled and cackled to himself at his plan, thinking it was a genius strategy.

Finally reaching his destination, he stood in front of a paper sliding door leading to the abode of his newly appointed 'training buddy'.

"Hey! Open your layer's door underling!" He loudly announced his arrival and demanded an answer from his beckoning call and loud laughter. Shuffling was heard from behind the door, and a light flickered to life, casting a warm glow through the paper from the inside.

After about a minute, light footfalls were heard from inside the room, and approached the door. A short pause was made once the shadow arrived at the door, and then it slid back, revealing the groggy female.

"Inosuke? Why are you here so late?" She questioned the rambunctious teen and glanced behind him at the darkened sky. He stood in front of her not dressed in his usual boar mask and pants— instead wearing a sleeping kimono that he had borrowed for his group's stay.

"Fight me! Right now!" He jumped back a few feet and got into stance as if she would begin the battle right away. She sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose at the persistent boy.

"Inosuke, I already told you once the sun sets, I won't battle you until the next day when your training resumes." At her reminder, he dropped his stance and turned towards the horizon huffing at the sight. The sky was filled with small, dotted lights and painted a deep blue color. Facing her once more, he grabbed her hand that hung limp at her side.

"Whatever, there is still light so we can fight now!" He attempted to pull her out of the confines of her room by the hand he had snatched. She pulled back against his grip and quickly called out to the hasty and stubborn boy.

"Wait, wait, wait! You're gonna get my socks all dirty!" She managed to pull her hand away and rebalance herself from the sudden tug. Surprised at her outburst, Inosuke looked down at her feet and jumped back from bewilderment.

"What is that hairy beast eating your feet!?" He loudly exclaimed, his eyes widening at the sight of the fuzzy f/c socks. Y/n quickly hushed him, reminding the boy that the others were sleeping.

"They're fuzzy socks... have you never worn them before Inosuke?" She questioned him after she pondered over his words.

"Hm? I, Lord Inosuke, demand that you hand over those hairy beasts!" He commanded loudly, placing his hands on his hips and cackling after his words, his shoulder-length hair swaying at the motion. Y/n sighed at his volume before beckoning the boy into the candle-lit room.

Sliding the door shut behind him, she turned to see him inspecting the many foreign trinkets placed around— that Shinobu had gifted her after returning from some minor missions.

"Here Inosuke, sit down here and I'll get you a pair." He quickly hopped onto the pillow that was laid on the floor and waited for the 'hairy beast' to be delivered to him.

Walking over to the dresser, Y/n slid open the top drawer and grabbed a second pair of socks, shutting the drawer afterward. She walked the few steps back to the unusually quiet Inosuke. Sitting down across from him, she unfolded the two socks and passed them over to him.

"There you go. You can try them on if you want."

He looked at the outstretched socks and grabbed the two, beginning to inspect the attire. He shoved a hand into one of the socks feeling inside it, making somewhat of a hand puppet. At the sight of it, Y/n held back a chuckle at his childlike wonder towards the article of clothing.

"Inosuke, do you know how to put them on?" She asked the boy as he glanced back at her before declaring loudly.

"Of course I do! Who do you think I am!?" He scoffed as if criticizing her. He quickly shoved his feet into the socks and stood up to present them to her in accomplishment.

"Inosuke..." Y/n halted herself while trying to hold in a laugh at his confusion. She glanced down at his feet, now covered in the sky-blue socks.

"You put them on upside down."

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪