SICK | Shinobu K.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Genre: Fluff
Warnings: None
Requested By: @aubreykin

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

"That will be all, my children. Thank you for your hard work."

The parting words from Ubayashiki signaled the gathered pillars to depart from the meeting. Several took off alone, while others chatted as a group while they walked.

"Seems everyone has been busy this past week. Especially you Y/n." The calm voice of Shinobu singled out Y/n from the others. Reminding Y/n of all the missions she had been on as of late.

"Yes, there have been quite a few demon issues to the East. A group had been moving from town to town causing issues." Y/n yawned, tears pricking her eyes. "I have to go on another mission to the East, apparently there is a large number of disappearances in a small coastal village."

The other Hashiras began to murmur about their busy week as well. Y/n yawned once more and sniffled slightly. She could feel Shinobu's eyes on her as her sniffling continued.

Shortly after, the group began to depart. Leaving for their missions, or to their homes for some rest before the dawn of the next day.

Y/n waved goodbye to the few remaining Hashira, beginning to leave for the long travel to the recently assigned mission. Her crow squawked overhead the directions to the village.

Yet, before she could exit the Hashira's main base, the sound of her crow grew muffled. His loud squawks barely filtered through to her. The edges of Y/n's vision grew dark, and her head felt heavy. And just as soon as it had begun, Y/n's knees gave out beneath her, and she dropped to the ground.

Her haori fluttered around her as she hit the ground. The dusty path created a small cloud of disturbance at her rough landing.

Her eyes slid shut and engulfed her in darkness.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

The soft billowing of curtains brushed against the wooden window frame. A cool breeze blew into the room, ruffling the bed sheets and bringing the scent of flowers and morning dew.

Y/n groaned quietly, her head heavy with sleep still. She rose her hands from the covers and rubbed wearily at them before peeking them open slightly.

A white painted roof greeted her eyes, the rays of sunlight beaming across it. She shuffled into a sitting position, beginning to look around the long room. Already she could tell she was in the resting room of the butterfly mansion, the rows of beds laid neat and empty aside from hers.

The sound of the sliding door to her right drew Y/n's eyes to the entry, where she spotted the Insect Hashira.

"Oh! I see you're awake, perfect timing." Shinobu walked over to Y/n's bed while carrying a tray of food. "You mentioned liking f/f so I brought some for you to eat."

Shinobu smiled sweetly at Y/n as she placed the tray on her lap. The smell of the food wafting up at her face. Shinobu pulled a chair over to the bedside and crossed a leg over the other. Waiting for Y/n to start eating.

"What happened? I last remember leaving the Hashira meeting to go to my mission." Y/n furrowed her brows in thought, but a sneeze tickled at her nose. She grabbed a tissue from the bedside and sneezed repeatedly.

"That's why." Shinobu hummed in disappointment and shook her head softly, her hair gently swaying with the motion. "You should take better care of yourself Y/n, your body has been overworked and you got yourself sick."

Shinobu leaned forward and grabbed a small bowl of food off the tray along with an extra pair of chopsticks. She cracked the two apart and grabbed a piece of food from the container.

She lifted the chopsticks towards Y/n with a playful smile on her lips. "You have to eat to recover faster Y/n. Say 'ahh' and eat up!"

The food was brought to Y/n's lips as Shinobu teasingly opened her mouth to demonstrate for Y/n. The already sick girl could feel heat creep up on her neck and quickly pushed Shinobu's arm away.

"Alright, I get it. You don't have to tease me so much Shinobu." Y/n mumbles out embarrassed and grabbed the other pair of chopsticks, mimicking Shinobu's motions and grabbing some f/f to eat.

Shinobu giggled at the pout Y/n had as she ate, still upset about the teasing. She brought her chopsticks to her mouth and began eating the food.

The two silently chewed for a moment before Shinobu mumbled back to Y/n in return. Her teasing tone remained, making the sniffling girl grow even more flustered.

"But I wasn't joking Y/n."

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪