SURPRISE | Rengoku K.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Genre: Fluff
Warnings: None
Modern AU
Requested By: @Silver_Fang225

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

The front door of the shared apartment slowly and silently opened. Flame colored hair peeked in through the gap, following it was a pair of red and orange hued eyes. The male glanced around the living room for any sign of his girlfriend before quickly shuffling into the threshold.

He quietly leaned his backpack onto the wall and quickly undid his boot's laces before placing them on the shoe rack beside the door. A separate pair of sneakers sitting on the tray, showing that his lovely girlfriend was indeed home.

The apartment was quiet, so Rengoku made sure to be extra silent in his sneaking around the place for his surprise arrival. His face bloomed in a smile, imagining the look on his girlfriend's face after he had been away from for almost six months now.

The clatter of dishes to his right keened the male's senses to the kitchen as he turned to inspect. The small doorway into their cooking area was occupied by the male now as he stared silently at the humming woman, waiting for her to notice his presence.

Sure enough, she glanced upwards, sensing his eyes on her and the plate in her hand dropped to the floor with a clang. Rengoku smiled at her surprised face and opened his arms wide with a huge close-eyed smile.

"Surprise!" At his confirmation of not being a dream, Y/n ran up and jumped into his arms, wrapping her legs around his built frame. He chuckled loudly and stumbled back slightly at her bear hug before wrapping her in a tight embrace.

"It's so good to see you again Y/n!" He exclaimed and spun in a circle. Y/n moved her hands from his neck to his cheeks and pressed a loving kiss against his lips, him reciprocating the gesture.

"Why didn't you tell me you were being sent back so early!" She broke away from the kiss and smacked him jokingly on the shoulder, unshed tears in the corner of her eyes.

"I wanted to surprise you!" He spoke while nuzzling into her neck and pressing a kiss to the soft skin. "I assume it was a success?"

"Very much so." The two placed their foreheads against each other and stared into one another's eyes, both happy to just be with the other again.

Their thoughts halted though, when the smell of burnt food invaded their noses and the fire alarm bursted to life.

"My food!"

"My favorite plate!"

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪