RELIEF | Muichiro T.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Genre: Fluff
Warnings: Anxiety
Modern AU
Requested By: @TEAaddictionxx

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

DING!

The shrill sound of the school bell caused the class of high schoolers to jump from their seats and make a run for the class's door. Bags shuffling and kids were screaming through the hall, only moments after the school day had been announced as over.

Y/n stood from her seat, pulling her bag from beneath the desk and stuffing her desk materials into the already packed full bag. Her mind wandered elsewhere as the class around her slowly emptied.

"Y/n! Me and some other girls are going to visit the new cafe, you wanna join us?!" The excited voice of Y/n's best-friend, Mitsuri, broke her from the daze she had been in.

She hadn't even noticed the presence of her friend standing beside her before she had begun speaking. Y/n stopped her idle packing and sighed sadly.

"Sorry Mitsuri, I'm a bit behind on my homework, I'm staying behind at the library today." Y/n's brows downturned as she anxiously explained her situation. Luckily, Mitsuri heard the stress in her tone and didn't push the subject.

"Aw, darn!" Mitsuri pouted for a moment before leaning forward on Y/n's desk and excitedly struck a deal. "After you catch up, we'll have to go then! Just you and me 'kay?"

"Of course!" Y/n chuckled at the excited bounce Mitsuri did before waving goodbye and running out of the classroom. At her departure, Y/n zipped her bag shut and slung it over her shoulder.

She exited the emptied classroom and began her journey to the school library. It would only be open for about thirty minutes after school, so Y/n picked up the pace, dodging through the groups of students littering the hallways.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

"Alright..." Y/n sighed quietly as she shrugged her backpack off and onto the floor of the library. She fell back into the secluded table's chair and reached down to unzip her back and pull out her schoolwork.

With each piece of paper, Y/n could feel the weight on her shoulders grow heavier. Her motivation to finish it waned dangerously low. But the work would be due soon, and her teachers wouldn't take kindly to being handed blank sheets of paper.

So, she stretched her arms up into the air and pulled out her pencil to begin the work.

After about five minutes of work, Y/n had only gotten through her favorite subject's homework, the rest of the papers were half done or not even started. Y/n rubbed the bridge of her nose, feeling the stress weighing on her.

Just as she was going to grumble to herself, the sound of the chair across from her pulling out drew her attention. Her eyes snapped open, and she glanced up to her new study buddy.

He had long hair, dipping down past his shoulders with dyed cyan tips— she assumed.  His eyes a similar color of cyan, and his clothes which were probably against dress code, were black sweatpants and a baggy white sweater.

He didn't look towards Y/n even if he felt her eyes on him. Instead, he sat across from her and then dropped a couple textbooks around him, opening up one labeled with her least favorite subject.

He reached down once more to his bag, pulling out a pair of reading glasses and putting them on. Finally, he looked up at her through the lenses, pushing the glasses up his nose a bit more.

"You gonna keep staring at me or speak?" Though his words sounded rude, his smooth voice seemed to negate the dig and instead sound like a shy question he was asking her.

"Sorry! I'm just having some trouble with my homework, and I was... staring off!" Y/n chuckled awkwardly pausing before she made up the lie of staring off. His pretty cyan eyes glanced down to her papers, looking at her finished and unfinished piles.

"Okay then..." He trailed off and resumed his work, making Y/n follow suit, the only sound around them being the sounds of their pencils on the paper.

A few minutes of silence passed between the two before he spoke up.

"Hey, you think you could help me with this question?" His soothing voice once again graced her ears and drew Y/n's eyes away from the paper she had been doodling on.

He had turned his textbook over to her, showing one of the pages she had already finished. "Yeah, so what you wanna do is..."

Y/n quickly went into detail for how to solve the question he had asked, showing him the work she had already done as an example.

"Thanks, I got it now." He turned the book around, scribbling in the answer he had gotten before looking back up at her. "You look like you need help with that subject, you want me to help you out?"

His silent response of, 'since you helped me out let me repay you,' mixed in with his question. Y/n nodded rapidly, her expression shifting to relief. "Yes, thank you for the help, I don't understand this one bit!"

Over the period of time, the two exchanged notes and helped each other with work they didn't understand or having trouble with. Their papers slowly stacking up into a finished pile of all their completed work.

"Whew, I never thought I would get that done." Y/n sighed in relief, slouching back into her chair and smiling at the equally worn-out boy. He pulled the reading glasses off his face and rubbed the bridge of his nose before responding.

"Yeah, me too. Thanks for the help." He paused at the end, seeming to realize something. He glanced over to Y/n contemplating his question for a moment. "What's your name? We never really introduced ourselves."

The two chuckled slightly before Y/n answered his question. She grinned while extending a hand to him. "I'm Y/n L/n, nice to properly meet you!"

"I'm Muichiro Tokito, nice to meet you too." He raised a hand to shake her's, but before their palms could meet, a teacher came around the corner, her eyes widening at the sight of the two and their piles of finished work.

"You two! The school closed an hour ago!"

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪