HIM | Mitsuri K.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Genre: Angst
Warnings: Depressive Thoughts
Requested By: (private)

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

"Y/n! You look so cute today!"

The swooning voice of the Love Hashira made the newly promoted pillar duck her head in embarrassment. Her face felt hot, even if her blush was hidden from the other's eyes, she still felt embarrassed.

The ombré haired Hashira launched herself onto the slightly younger woman and squeezed her tightly into a hug. The other Hashira around them departing from the meeting, and chuckling at her over affection as usual.

"I sooo happy my best friend finally became a Hashira with me!" Mitsuri rubbed her cheek against Y/n's back while sighing in happiness. Said girl feeling a pang in her heart at the mention of them being just friends.

Of course, Mitsuri hadn't known about her crush on her. They had been friends since forever, and they had always been so affectionate with each other. So how did she get caught up reading too much into her genuine affection, and develop feelings for the woman?

Obviously, she had never admitted to the love pillar she had a huge crush on her—more than normal affection between best friends— but it still hurt to be put in the friendzone by the oblivious pillar.

"Mitsuri, you should let go of her, you're going to squeeze her to death." The calm and cool voice of the snake Hashira intruded on Y/n's thoughts and drew the attention of his admirer as well. Said admirer pouted and reluctantly released her friend from the bone-crushing hold she had around her.

"Awh, Iguro-san! Y/n loves my hugs, right Y/n!" She turned away from the snake Hashira who sat on a tree branch and turned back towards Y/n who had now turned to face the two. Mitsuri once again latched onto her friend and buried her face into the other's clothed chest.

Y/n fell backwards in surprise, taking Mitsuri with her, until a separate person snatched the sweet woman before she could fall. Thus, leaving Y/n to land on her bottom and groan in pain.

"Oh! Thank you Iguro-san!" The female blushed and covered her reddened face at their proximity to each other. Obanai following suit and releasing her clothes from his grasp. His hand reached up to his covered face and nudged the mask up a few inches higher, attempting to hide his blush.

"N-no problem." He turned a brighter shade of red at the stutter and quickly waltzed off in embarrassment. Leaving Mitsuri to squeal with affection at his adorable behavior.

Turning back around to gush in admiration for the snake Hashira, she paused when Y/n was gone from her fallen place on the ground and nowhere in sight for the love pillar.

"Y/nnn! Where did you go?!"

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Y/n had disappeared around the corner of the building and was walking down the gravel path to a newly assigned mission. Sadness plaguing her heart as her crow perched on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her.

Of course, she knew of the crush both pillars shared for each other. You would have to be blind not to see it. Everyone knew about the two's infatuation for the other, and so Y/n did her best to avoid them when the two spoke.

She did want Mitsuri to be happy and be with Obanai, but at the same time wanted her all to herself. She should have the right after all, the two women had known each other since they were toddlers.

But she didn't have the right. Nor was she going to act on these feeling for Mitsuri. She had already imagined every scenario that would go down if she ever did confess.

The shock on Mitsuri's face, the torn choice she had to make, the letdown, and finally.

Her rejection.

That was the best-case scenario though. The other would end up with Mitsuri hating her, and thinking she was disgusting for the over affectionate feelings she harbored for her.

Y/n never wanted to see Mitsuri look at her like that. With hatred, or disgust. So, she decided to keep quiet. And hope these feelings would go away. Watching on from the sidelines, like a cheerleader for her best friend.

Because she only loved him.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪