HYPER | Sanemi S. - Part 1

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Genre: Fluff
Warnings: None
Requested By: @kittylove32

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

"Well... you were weaker than I thought." Y/n deadpanned at the disappearing demon that screeched and howled in anger. Y/n stuck out her tongue in mockery, taunting the angry demon she had easily slain.

"You traitor! How dare you kill me and take my food!" The demon that was almost gone yelled loudly, making Y/n flinch at the shrill noise.

"Hey, quiet down!" Y/n glared and kicked the head away, deeper into the cave it resided in. "I got a sleeping kid here."

Said child was curled up in the corner of the room, dried streaks of tears still present on his face. Y/n sighed in pity and strolled over to the young child. She scooped him up into her empty hands and cradled his head into her neck.

Exiting the cave with him in her arms, sleeping peacefully, Y/n glared down at the torn haori that had been left behind. The orphanage caretaker had been sacrificing them to that demon, in exchange for her own life to be saved. Just to run away as soon as Y/n had arrived.

Y/n had always despised people like that. Those who scarified others to save their own hide. But what could she do? She couldn't kill the woman even if she didn't run. The demon slayers would take those rumors of her disappearance and traced them back to Y/n.

Already she had to flee from her previous home, leaving her family behind in her wake of escape. They had all been fine, proof by the letters they delivered to her, but it had still been a hassle for Y/n with the constant running around.

"Alrighty! Let's get you back home bud." Y/n whispered into the boy's ear softly. Hopping off the cave ledge and into the forest below. It was an odd place for an orphanage, just on the edge of town and right by the forest. It was perfect for demons to lurk around and pick these kids off one by one.

It was sickening for Y/n to even think about it. But she had never felt the need to consume people anyways, instead sinking her fangs into any sweets she could get her hands on. It's a wonder how she hadn't gotten any cavities yet.

Y/n hopped down from the tree branch and strolled out into the field at the back of the orphanage. She knocked on the door roughly, hearing the quickened heartbeats of the children and the shuffling of one coming to answer the backdoor.

It creaked open slowly, an older boy peeking an eye out through the gap, he spotted the sleeping child in Y/n's arms and glared suspiciously at her before speaking.

"Where is our caretaker, and why do you have Chikyu?" He remained at the doorway, still barley opened, but Y/n could tell he was anxious about retrieving back the young child in her arms. The sound of the other kid's whispering greeted her ears after the young boy's name had been spoken.

"Your caretaker ran away, I just brought back this cutie for you!" Y/n smiled happily at the boy, lightly pinching the asleep boy's chubby cheeks.

At her words, the boy's suspicion partially cleared, and he opened the door wider. His arms outstretched to receive the sleeping boy, which Y/n complied and handed him over. He checked Chikyu over, inspecting his arms and legs for any injuries.