BETROTHED | Douma

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Genre: Yandere
Warnings: Kidnapping, Obsession, Mentions of Gore
Royal AU

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

"Mother, Father, I request that I marry into a different kingdom."

A hushed whisper spread throughout the throne room. The elders whispered amongst each other in surprise at her bold request. Murmurs of agreement, and others of displease.

"And why, daughter, have you come here with such a taxing request." The demanding voice of the king silenced the quiet chatter, drawing the attention back to the princess.

"Crown Prince Douma has caused conflict with other nations, our unification is sure to create enemies for this kingdom as well." Y/n stared up at the throne her father was seated on, her mother silently listening beside him.

The elders once more began to whisper, making the king click his tongue in annoyance. "Very well then, we'll send a message to his kingdom."

"But my King!" One of the elders stood and shouted across the throne room, his face turning red with anger. "This marriage would benefit our country for soldiers and troops, who cares if we gain a few—"

"Silence." The deadly calm voice of the king shut the man up immediately, his face turning a pale white. The king's face was eerily blank, but his eyes burned with rage. "Since you disagree with my direct order, shall I have you executed?"

The king motioned with a flick of his hand for the man to be taken away. The elderly man's eyes bulged, and he began to sputter out nonsense before proper words formed. "M-My King! I apologize for my rudeness, please forgive my ignorance."

He dropped to the ground and bowed, the others all staring as he pitifully begged for his life. There was a moment of silence, everyone watching the king as he began to speak.

"Very well then." The elder's head popped up at the words, hanging onto each word the king uttered. "Since you've had a change of heart, I'll excuse you this once. In return for my kindness, you will deliver the letter of the news personally to their kingdom."

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Whispers resounded around the castle interior. A dreary shadow cast over the halls as the servants went about their duties.

Y/n walked through the halls amidst the dark atmosphere. The servants said nothing of their mood to the Princess, after all, she already knew.

It had been four days.

Four days since the king had sent the message to Prince Douma. The journey was only a day trip, and the elder should have arrived the next morning.

The only thing that meant, was that he had not taken the message well.

Screams echoed out in the castle. Y/n flinched at the shrill sound that came from the front entry. The royal took off at a rapid pace, her maids lifting the hems of their dresses to keep up with the battle-uniformed princess.