ACCIDENT | Rengoku K.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Genre: Fluff
Warnings: None
Requested By: @kittylove32

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

"Excuse me, Miss?" The sound of the loud exclaim of the flame Hashira broke the quiet atmosphere around the quaint shrine. The shrine maiden that Rengoku had spoke to ceased her sweeping and turned towards the smiling male.

"Hello, how can I help you young man?" The elderly woman soothingly questioned the male, a sweet smile enhancing her gracefully aged complexion.

"I am apart of the Demon Slayer Corp; I have come here on a mission. Rumor around here is that a demon has been seen lurking around this shrine." He bowed slightly at the introduction and waited from the woman to answer his question. Before she spoke, he noticed her cheek twitch, probably a nervous habit she had.

"I'm sorry, there is no demon here sir, this is a holy place. We wouldn't allow such a evil creature here." Her tone remained the same, but the nervous tick informed Rengoku otherwise of her claim.

"Well, may I come inside? I wish to pay my respects." He closed his eyes with his smile, and politely motioned with a hand towards the shrine room. The shrine maiden nodded quickly and leaned her broom against a pillar before leading him inside.

Rengoku kneeled before the alter, his hands clasped together in prayer. The shrine maiden kneeled behind him with a few others, following suit of his actions.

The sound of a sliding door to his right alerted Rengoku's attention and interrupted their prayers.

"Is that Kengin praying Rema-San?" The excited voice of a young female made Rengoku jump up from his kneeled position and begin to advance towards the girl. Instantly when the door had opened, he could tell the female was a demon.

"Wait, young man! Please stop!" The shrine maidens that had been praying ran towards the door, blocking him from the demon that stood in the doorway. Another from behind him grabbed his arm, stopping him from drawing his blade.

"Please release me and move out of the way! That young lady is a demon!" He loudly announced, trying to pull his arm away from the desperate lady.

"There is no blood thirsty demon here sir! Y/n hasn't killed anyone, please don't harm her!" One of the younger shrine maidens cried out quickly closing her eyes and begging the male to not attack their good friend.

"Please stop fighting everyone!" Y/n called from the back, trying to cease the fight she had accidentally engaged. Her voice was blocked out from the collective yelling of the shrine maidens and demon slayer. The young woman huffed angrily before yelling loudly.

"Stop!" Her voice echoed loudly through the room, ceasing all the overlapping voices of her caretakers. Their attention turned towards her, a relieved expression settling on her face. "Thank yo—"

Before she could finish though, a strong gust of wind slammed the shrines doors open and a blackish purple light rose into the sky. A disturbing sense of dread fell over the shrine.

"Oh no, not again!" Y/n quickly and pushed through the group of ladies and ran out into the porch at the front of the shrine. "Not good, not good, not good!"

The woman began muttering to herself from under the shaded porch, pacing back and forth with anxiety. "This is bad, it happened in the middle of the day too! Wait! That could be good too, maybe they might be trapped in the forest and be contained until nighttime! But then that means I can't—"

"What's happening?" The loud voice of the demon slayer broke Y/n's consistent muttering and halted her pacing.

"Well, what happened was, I accidentally opened a vent when I yelled, creating a negative field of energy, to which summoned the vent that is now releasing a horde of demons into the forest!" Y/n quickly explained to the confused Rengoku in one breath.

One of the worried shrine maidens approached the two, speaking up to explain better to the even further confused demon slayer. "What Y/n is trying to say, is that the light into the sky is a vent. It was caused by her anger at our arguing and opened it. Because of that, demons are being summoned to release into the forest from where it is located."

Rengoku thanked the woman before turning to
Y/n once more, narrowing his eyes at her. "So, you have no control of that?"

Y/n slouched down and sulked slightly before nodding in confirmation. "I would go take care of it by myself, but as you can see the sun is out, and I wouldn't prefer to die just yet."

Y/n motioned towards the sun that was still high in the sky. Rengoku turned towards the others that still stood inside the shrine, addressing them before he left.

"Everyone stay here, I will take care of this 'vent' and return before nightfall." He boldly exclaimed, making some of the shrine maidens try and warn him of the danger that awaited him. Before they could speak though, he had already disappeared into the forest.

Leaving behind Y/n to be lectured for her outburst of anger.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

The hours quickly ticked past, the sun setting into the horizon as the group of women awaited the slayer's return. Y/n had been pacing the shrine, waiting for night to fall and make sure the male was unharmed.

She of course, she felt guilty for the issue she had caused for the slayer, even though he had come to kill her prior to the situation she had caused by accident.

"You're back!" The call of the head shrine maiden perked Y/n's attention as she peaked out of the sliding doors of the shrine room. She could see the slayer coming up over the hill, standing tall and looking unharmed.

The ladies crowded around him, acting like worried mothers and making sure he had no injuries. Rengoku smiling and reassured them that he was unharmed.

Y/n walked up to the group; the sun had just finished setting as she left the cover of the shrine room. She walked down the parted crowd of what she considered her family and approached the slayer, suddenly bowing respectively in front of him when she was within a few feet of his form.

"I'm sorry for the trouble I caused for you sir. I will let you decide what to do with me after the issues I caused." Y/n solemnly spoke towards the silent male. The group had gone silent, awaiting his response to her apology.

Unexpectedly, Rengoku crossed his arms and bursted out into laughter at her statement, his deep chuckles engulfing the group. Y/n rose from her bow and curiously tilted her head at his amused face.

His outburst subsided moments after, yet his smile remained. He placed a hand atop her head, patting it gently.

"No need, I can tell this is where you belong, with your family!"

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪