PHARAOH | Tanjiro K.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Genre: Fluff
Warnings: None
Explorer AU
A/n: I'm not sure if mechanical locking doors were used in pyramids by the Egyptians, so let's just pretend they did-

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

The crackle of the lit lantern made the young explorer jump in surprise. The dark pyramid echoed around her, the sounds of her footsteps reverberating off the walls and back. The sound doubling each time it returned.

The entrance to the structure was far behind her, and the only evidence she could get was provided by the low-quality camera recording her journey. The wall markings on the walls showed intricate designs of the pyramid's history and who had been buried there.

Y/n stopped her journey down the corridor as it expanded to a room. She stepped towards the nearby wall. A spot in the Hieroglyphics was smudged out, as if someone tried to hide it from anyone's prying eyes.

She held her lantern out towards the wall and used her free hand to dust away the accumulated sand covering the spot. After blowing away the remains, the picture was revealed. It showed two young children standing back-to-back.

"Hm, interesting. They look like they're both of high status, possible they're siblings, or betrothed to each other." She wiped her dirty hand on the explorer pants she worn on the trip. Though she could be considered crazy by any spirits that haunted the tomb, the girl found comfort in talking to herself—and the camera, to fill the dank and quiet place.

"They look very important based on where their carved into on the wall, possibly leaders at one point." Y/n stepped backwards a couple times and held the lantern out in front of her. Shadows cast around the room she stood centered in. The room around her revealed by the light as she slowly spun in a circle to look around the perfectly sphere room.

There was no further way inside. The long corridor she had trapezed through had led to this dead end, and rounded out into the tall room, filled with the history of hundreds of years ago.

"This can't be it! This isn't even a quarter of the pyramids size from the outside." Y/n exclaimed, and her brows furrowed. A cold breeze blew across the room, drawing the girl's attention. "It came from near those hieroglyphics..."

She trailed off and walked back over to the two prominent figures carved into the wall. Her eyes narrowed as she studied the drawing for any symbol that would be used for a trigger to open a hidden door.

The young boy's earrings caught her attention, and she began to walk around the room, searching for another identical earring carved into the sandstone. "There it is!"

Y/n gleefully exclaimed and reached up to try and press on the earring, testing her hunch. The stone slid inwards at her touch, and the sound of a loud click echoed out to her left. The section of wall around the two children had been released from its locked position and showed a small crack, assumably leading further into the ancient structure.

"Wow, that just shows how important these two kids were." Y/n spoke in awe, pushing softly on the ancient hidden door. It swung open, and a musty, dry breeze swept out and into her face.