THANKFUL | Muzan K.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Genre: Fluff
Warnings: None
Requested By: @kibuzan

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

"Hey! There's our guest of honor!"

An excited shout from Douma made the woman sigh. He jogged up behind the uppermoon and roughly patted her back. Y/n slightly grunted in surprise at the impact making Douma chuckle.

"Knock it off Douma." The hiss of the uppermoon two's name was spoken from behind the two again. Y/n tilted her head to the side and spotted the pink haired uppermoon approaching them.

"Oh my! Akaza-Dono has found us!" Douma chuckled, lifting his fan to partially hide his face. Akaza glared at his upper ranked demon, seething with anger. But before the two could continue, Y/n's voice cut through their tension.

"Now is not the time for your bickering." She turned around and faced the two, a disappointed look on her face, despite being their lower ranked uppermoon. Her kanji-engraved eyes demeaning the two.

"I do hope there is no trouble beginning over here." The neutral tone of Kokushibo interrupted the three and he welcomed himself into the conversation. "This is a celebration of victory is it not?"

Y/n slightly bowed head in respect along with Douma and Akaza. Kokushibo walked up to Y/n as the other demons left for the two to speak in private.

The six eyed demon tilted his head slightly at the woman. Her nonchalant attitude making him confused.

"Are you not pleased with the celebration?"

Y/n raised a brow at his question. "Why would I not be?"

"You're the only one away from the party and standing out here on the balcony." He gestured a hand around the second-floor balcony.

"I just needed some air." Y/n bowed her head slightly to her superior and walked past him back into the room. The other upper and lower moons were chatting with one another, drinking and snacking on complementary 'snacks'.

"Oh! Y/n! Come sit over here!" The voice of uppermoon six made Y/n walk over to the empty seat beside her and smile lightly at the excited Daki. "So? When you found the spider lily and brought it to him, what happened?"

'Ah, right, the blue spider lily.' Y/n thought to herself and took a sip from a cup nearby. Daki waited impatiently, shown by her finger constantly tapping the table.

"Could you not do that." The irritated growl of Gyokko interrupted Y/n before she could speak and he glared at Daki as she continued tapping.

"Could you just go back in your pot, you're the fish out of water here." Daki scoffed and glared at him. The latter clenching his jaw to withhold his snarky words, lest he face the wrath of the woman's elder brother, who sat in the corner of the room watching the exchange.

'These short-tempered demons are going to cause a commotion soon...' Y/n deadpanned and tried to remove herself from the range of attack. Just as she had sat back down, this time by Nakime, the host of the party made his entry.

Immediately the room was silent, and the upper and lower moons were kneeled on the floor in respect to the demon king. His eyes raking over each of them before dismissing them back to the table.

"Let there be a toast." Muzan stood at the head of the table, a glass filled with crimson liquid held into the air.

All of his subordinates seated and waiting with bated breath for his toast to be announced. His eyes snapped over to Y/n, who looked down at the table when their eyes met.

"In celebration of the blue spider lily being found by Y/n." He announced, a pleased tone in his voice. "May our kind feel the warmth of the sun once more."

A cheer rang through the room and the clinking of glass echoing out. The previous tension between the demons gone, and a night of celebration began. The fresh taste of victory flavoring each sip from their cups and bite from their meals.

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Not long after the toast, Muzan had pulled Y/n aside. The two leaving the rambunctious room and opting for an emptier and quieter one.

"What was it you wanted to speak with me about Lord Muzan?" Y/n kept her head bowed and eyes on the floor as Muzan stood a few feet in front of her, looking outside through the window.

"I wanted to personally thank you Y/n."

Y/n's eyes widened at the statement. The words of thanks make her chest swell with pride and joy. The fact that the demon king was congratulating someone that was far below him.

"I- Thank you Lord Muzan, it is an honor to be receiving your gratitude." She bowed to the king and could feel heat creep up onto her cheeks as Muzan chuckled.

"Stand tall." His order was spoken with his regular demanding tone, though no malice or anger was filtered into the words.

Y/n raised from the bow, but kept her eyes trained on the floor. The sound of Muzan's footsteps growing closer until his legs were in her eyes view.

The room was silent for a moment before Muzan moved once more. His hand raising and dropping down onto the top of Y/n's head.

The light pressure making Y/n jump in surprise slightly, but nonetheless was a soothing feeling. His hand lightly petting her head and making the woman almost faint at the proximity of the demon king.

Along with the fact that it wasn't for a hostile reason. Muzan chuckled once more at Y/n, before voicing out his thoughts absentmindedly, the celebratory mood clearly affecting him as well.

"Well done... I look forward to the results you show in the future."

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪