ETHERAL | Kokushibo

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

Genre: Fluff
Warnings: Blood, Laceration, Death
Requested By: @Hoshikos-Works

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪

The sound of birds chirping, and the trickle of the stream was all that was heard through the forest. The trees swaying in the wind and the sunlight filtering through the leaves.

The sound of ragged breathing greeted the peaceful forest. A man had just ducked into the woods. His breathing was rough, and his hand pressed against a deep gash in his chest.

Despite his hand covering the wound, blood trickled through, staining his hands a dark shade of crimson and dripping down onto the dried leaves below. He clenched his jaw in pain and pushed off the trunk.

Even though he was miles away from his pursuers, the rising sun would not wait for him to find the shade from its scorching touch. Already the inky black sky was blotted with shades of purple and orange, indicators of the limited time he had left.

He limped through the forest, a trail of blood following his path. Heavy breaths left his lungs as he poured almost all his energy into healing the wound.

Yet despite his tremendous regeneration ability, the wound barely began to close up. Whatever the slayers had used had affected him greatly, if he hadn't escaped when he did, no doubt he would be dead.

Finally, after about thirty minutes of painstakingly limping, Kokushibo managed to make it to a densely covered part of the woods. The trees completely covered him from the light of the new day.

Just when he was about to take a seat on the shaded grass, the bushes beside him shook.

In his current state, if it were a demon slayer, Kokushibo wasn't confident he would be able to kill them. Especially if they were a Hashira.

But what unexpectedly happened, was a young woman popped out of the bushes. Her e/c eyes slightly enlarged with fear as she stared at his face. A pair of unnatural dear ears sat atop her head. White fuzz on the inside while the outer parts matched with her h/c hair.

Her ears faced his form, slightly twitching, seeming to showcase her unease at his watchful eyes.

"Do you need help...?" Her smooth voice penetrated the air, flowing like the wind on a cloudless day. She seemed to have picked up on his injury, her ears dropping on the sides of her head and her eyes glancing between his and the wound.

From what Kokushibo could sense, she wasn't very strong, at least in terms of strength. Her figure looked untrained and by her meek nature, he guessed she was of no threat to him.

"Yes... do you have first aid material?" His commanding tone made her ears shoot upwards once more, along with a jolt traveling through her shoulders in surprise. As she stood in shock, Kokushibo resumed sitting at the base of the tree, which she had previously interrupted.

She hesitantly nodded and slowly walked towards him. As she got closer, she crouched down, like he was a wild animal that would pounce if she didn't stay at the same height.

"May I?" She sat beside his figure, blood still trickling out of the wound and soaking his fine clothes with its stench. The woman's brow was furrowed with worry as his breaths grew more strained from blood loss.

Without thinking, Kokushibo nodded at her request, not quite knowing what she was asking permission for, but the haze over his mind clogged any sense of weariness he had for the strange woman. Not that he was any more normal than her.

While he was lost in thought, Y/n got to work. The sight of the gruesome wound made her struggle to not faint at the sight. Of course, a little blood didn't bother her, but she was sure the slight white strip in the wound was a bone from his ribcage that was exposed from the deep gash.

Nonetheless, she pressed her palms to his chest and began healing him. At the contact, Kokushibo hissed in pain and shot his hand up grabbing her wrist. Y/n flinched at the grip; her ears laid flat against her head.

Slowly the gash began to patch itself together, Kokushibo's crushing grip began to loosen, and his shallow breaths grew steady.

After a painstaking minute, the wound finished healing. and his skin returned to normal as if the wound had never been there. Y/n wearily sighed and slowly pulled her hands away from his skin.

"Are you ok...?" She furrowed her brows at the silence and tilted her head as he lay there with his eyes closed. "Hello?"

In a flash, he was on his feet and behind Y/n, a choked scream sounding out behind her. She turned, her eyes widening at the sight of a blade struck into the ground behind her, with the six-eyed demon's sword impaled through the chest of a demon slayer.

He swiftly pulled his sword out and flicked the blood off it while the slayer's body crumpled to the ground.

"It would be wise if you left now, little one." His previous behavior was gone, and a cold persona replaced the one Y/n had seen beforehand.

"But what about you-" Y/n stood up on trembling legs, her eyes darting between his form and the bleeding male that lay at his feet. Before she could voice her concern, Kokushibo cut her off with his words of finality before walking off.

"Fear not, I will find you once more and repay your kindness."

✿*¨*•.¸¸♪