5- I Was Made to Bring Joy

Mr. Sanders turned to James and Mark, and he looked weirded out.

"This animatronic...did you know it could think like that? Is its AI really that complicated?" he murmured, pointing at me.

James shrugged. "The AI is pretty impressive, from what I can tell."

I pulled on Mr. Sander's sleeve again. I think he was ignoring me. I wish he wouldn't do that. I just got used to warm people talking to me.

Mr. Sanders stared straight at me, and he suddenly smiled. "Right...you asked me a question. How about you go and sit down, and I'll explain everything..." he pointed at a chair behind me. I sat down really fast, and I was happy that I didn't have to sit in the chair I broke.

He stood in front of me, and I had to look up to see his eyes. I hadn't really noticed how tall he was until now. It was kinda scary.

"You see, kid, there isn't going to be another restaurant."

My shoulders fell. But...the warm people had been talking like there was going to be one...

"But we are making an attraction in this old place. It's going to be called Fazbear's Fright. Brand new installment of the Fazbear line, thirty years in the making."

My good eye shined. I rocked back and forth in my chair, wanting to jump up in excitement.

Mr. Sanders smiled, laying his hand on my dusty shoulders. "I'm glad to see that you're excited, Springtrap. You need to keep that enthusiasm, as you're going to be the main attraction."

I smiled really, really big. This was so amazing! It's just like my dreams! I could finally make the little warm people happy again!

"What do I need to do? Sing? Dance?" I said. I don't think I really cared what I had to do. I was going to be an attraction! This is so exciting!

Mr. Sanders, Mark, and James looked at each other all weirdly.

Mr. Sanders made this coughing sound and gripped my shoulder more tightly. "No, Springtrap. None of that, I'm afraid."

My good eye got all big. I was really sad now. "What...? But you said-" He cut me off.

Mr. Sanders smiled again. He really like to grin at me. "Springtrap, you're new job is to scare the visitors out of establishment. Fazbear's Fright is a horror attraction."

Scare? I think the staff of the old restaurant told me scaring was bad. I wasn't supposed to scare the kids because that would be really mean. I don't wanna be mean.

"But Mr. Sanders," I said, sniffling a little bit, "I was made to bring joy to children, not be mean to them. I don't think I wanna be in Fazbear's Fright."

Mr. Sanders looked really angry for a second then went back to smiling at me. I'm glad. I don't like it when warm people are mad at me.

"You're misunderstanding me, kiddo. You see, Fazbear's Fright isn't going to be for small children, like I assume you're used to. Instead, you get to 'preform' for older versions of the kids- teenagers and adults. They would come to this attraction solely to be scared. Older people enjoy being scared. It's fun for them. You're not hurting anyone by scaring them."

What he said didn't make a lot sense, but I think I sorta understand. Old warm people like to be scared, I guess. That's kinda weird. But warm people are pretty weird anyway.

"Oh. Okay." I said.

Mr. Sanders was still smiling at me. "So, Springtrap, how about it? Do you wanna be the main attraction in Fazbear's Fright?"

I smiled back at him. I hadn't felt this happy in such a long time. "Of course! I want to bring joy again!"

Author's Notes- Back from the dead. Kudos to @HenryHero for inspiring me to write more. Thanks to everyone else who voted and comment on previous chapters, and please, continue to do so with future chapters! <3