13- Are You Happy?

Whatever was on the box started playing. It was kinda loud.

"Hey, hey. Is this Scott? Scott Martin?"

I got really happy. I knew that voice! That was James!

I looked over at the night guard, smiling. "I know him! That's James!"

The warm person glared, waving his hand at me and shushing me.

The message went on. "I'm not the guy that called you earlier. That was my friend, Mark. My name is James. I guess my job is to record messages on this phone to...instruct you, I guess? That's what my boss told me, but I don't know if I believe it. In my mind, I think I'm here to keep you alive."

It was really short, but for a second there the night guard looked kinda scared.

"You may have noticed this, but there's an animatronic here. You may have even seen him are. He goes by Springtrap, apparently."

I pointed at myself, trying to get the night guard's attention.

"He's pretty calm, from what I have seen...but last night, something happened. The guy that was in the office before you, John Doe, well, something happen to him."

James stopped talking for a second. I heard him sigh.

"Man, my boss would kill me if he knew I was telling you this stuff. I guess I better just be vague, like he told me to be... So, um, Springtrap is pretty harmless, but I think he get's kinda screwy at night. I guess I better go now. Good luck, Scott." he started mumbling. "Maybe I won't have to watch Sander's clean-up scrap you off the floor..." Jamie's voice suddenly got really scared and loud. "Wait, is the phone still recording?! Crap! Uh...I don't have time to do over this thing... Forget what I just said. I was kidding!" The message suddenly ended.

What was James taking about? What did I do at night?

The night guard leaned back in the chair. I could see he was breathing pretty hard. He looked at me, his eye twitching a little bit.

"'Pretty harmless'? What's that supposed to mean?"

I smiled. "That's easy! You see, I don't wanna hurt warm people! I want to make them happy. It's a lot of fun." I leaned towards him, smiling even bigger. "Mr. Night Guard, are you happy?"

The warm person suddenly stood up, hitting his hands on the desk and yelling. I think he was angry.

"Happy?! Do I look happy, Springtrap?"

I looked at his face really closely. I wasn't really sure. I didn't think warm people's faces were supposed to look that red and sweaty when they were happy, but this one seemed kinda weird.

"Um...I don't know..." I said.

"I'm not, you idiot!" he screamed.

That was a bad word. I wasn't supposed to say that when I was at the old restaurant.

"How can I be happy in these circumstances?!" he waved all around him. I wasn't really sure what he was trying to show me.

I was started to get kinda scared. I was hoping the night guard would have been nicer than this.

I pushed myself against the wall and frowned. Why was he asking all the questions? I wanted my question asking turn back...

"I-I don't know..." I said.

He pulled at his hair. "Do you know anything?! What kind of crap-sack AI were you programmed with?"

The night guard had gotten up from his chair and was standing over me. I looked up at him. I was shaking, and my metal parts were making this clinking sound.

I put my hands over my head. "You aren't happy, I think I know now...I think..." I smiled, but I don't think I was really happy either. "Since you aren't happy, I'll make you happy... Do you like songs? Or maybe dances... I can do both at one time..." I tried to stop shaking, but I wasn't doing a good job.

The night guard's shoulders fell. He looked at me kinda sadly.

"I...uh...I didn't mean to blow up like that. Don't get upset." he sat back down in his chair, sighing deeply. "This is just stressing me out."

The guard didn't look that scary now. He just looked tired. I scooted across the floor and sat in front of his feet.

"Do you want me to hug you? Don't warm people like that?" I said, staring up at him. I wanted him to answer me.

He looked down at me, and he smiled a little.

"You're trying so hard to please me..." he said, but it kinda sounded like he was saying it to himself.

"Of course I am, Mr. Night Guard. You are sad, so I wanna make you happy."

He looked a little awkward. "If you really want to make me happy..." he stopped. "Well, for right now, just call me Scott. That's my name."

Author's Note- Yes, Springtrap, I want you to hug me.
Question: Have you seen the new FNAF4 teaser image. Craps getting real, man.