21- So We're Having a Party?

My room was dark, the only light source being the soft blue light of my computer monitor. I had spent the entire day searching for any information on the Freddy's Murderer, but my quest had brought nothing. All that I find is that he might have been married, and he might of had kids. Every website was poorly sourced and ambiguous in their facts.

I sipped on a cup of coffee when my eyes threatened to close. I probably shouldn't have put off sleep when the night shift was inching ever closer, but I had to know what Springtrap and I was dealing with.

Curiosity may have killed the cat, but satisfaction kept bringing it back.

Finally, my body's cry for sleep was much too intense for me to handle. I pressed my thumb against the glowing power button and turned the monitor off.

I allowed my body to relax in my computer chair, laying my head on the cold desk. I would be leaving for my shift soon, and I didn't want to be sleeping at the wheel.

My eyes closed, and allowed my consciousness to slip away as my mind and body started to rest.

However, any sleep I managed to achieve was brutally lost when my phone, directly beside my ear, started ringing at full blast.

"Crap!" I screamed, my upper body surging up into a sitting position again. The phone startled me, and I slipped out of my chair and into the floor.

The obnoxious ringing sound crashed onto my ears until I managed to slap my hand across the green 'accept call' button.

"What, what do you want?!" I hissed, bitter about being woken up.

"Hey! Is this Scott?" I recognized the voice- it was the man from the phone recordings. James, I believe?

"Yes," I said, my patience steadily slipping away with each second I was on the phone.

"Great, I was hoping Mark jotted down the phone number correctly." he said cheerfully, ending with a slight laugh. The man sounded young, at least younger than I was.

Why couldn't have he just texted me? This is 2023, everyone has a phone that can receive text messages.

"Anyway, since tomorrow morning Fazbear's Fright opens up, Mark and I are gonna come down to celebrate. We'll be here later during your shift, we were gonna sleep for a while before we head out."

"Uh huh," My focus on this conversation was fading. I wanted to sleep too.

"We bought some soda and stuff. We stashed them in one of the supply closets... Don't tell anyone, okay? Sanders may not want us partying in his building. Say, what do you like to eat? I could pick up some stuff from Wal-Mart, I guess." I moved the phone away from my ear as he senselessly rambled on.

"Is that all you needed?" I said sharply.

"Um...Wait! One last thing," his voice got serious. "You might want to keep an eye on Springtrap, okay? When Mark and I checked in on him earlier today, he was acting kinda weird. I'm not saying he'd attack or hurt you, but its something to keep in mind." he trailed off nervously.

My shoulders fell. Weird? I guess Springtrap was still being troubled over the situation with the Murderer.

"I'm gonna let you go, okay? I'll see you later tonight." With a click, James hung up.

Standing up, I locked my phone and shoved it in my pocket. I yawned and stretched as I stumbled up the stairs and into the kitchen.

Sitting on the counter was the gym bag I had gotten into the habit of carrying with me everywhere I go. It was filled with useful items I may need, including my guns and some emergency food. I felt safer with this stuff on my person.

I tossed the strap over my shoulder and scratched the sparse black hairs on my chin. I was going to need another cup of coffee if I was going to make it to Fazbear's Fright fully functioning.

I fixed myself another mug and staggered to my car. I drove the long, twisting backroads to the old pizzeria location and parked in front of the door.

Sighing, I pulled the key from the ignition. Only one more night of this job until the place opened up. Would I still be in the night shift? Or would I be moved to be part of the attraction? I was impartial to either shift, as long as I was getting the meager paycheck I could careless.

And no matter what time I worked, I could still see Springtrap.

Honestly, the animatronic had grown on me. He was a sweet guy, and I guess he appealed to my fatherly instincts. I never had children myself, so Springtrap in these few days had filled the gap with his childlike personality.

I had a ghost of a smile on my face as I entered the old building. I memorized the way to the security office earlier this week, so I easily walked to the door and opened it up.

Springtrap was inside, shivering one floor.

He glanced up at me, eyes wide with fear.

"Scott, I need your help." he whispered.

Author's Note- Wow, more info on Scott. On a side note, the part about curiosity killing the cat was not made by me. That's actually the whole phrase. The more you know, right?
Anyway, lets ask another question! So, in this fanfiction's universe, who do you ship? Just a silly question I'm curious about, don't be afraid to answer. I won't judge yah.