Chapter 180: Uphill Battle II

[Outskirts of the Kingdom, Near the border]

Under Shun's command Evelynn. Ryze, Sylas, and Lux then splits into two groups as they each went towards the left and right of the battlefield to help the other people from getting out of their own predicament. Meanwhile on their side Merlin and Akito both steps into the situation and immediately countered back towards their attackers to prevent them from performing a fellow up wave of attacks.

"Petal Bullets!!!"

"Tomura's Third offensive sword form Ken no Nami (Sword Wave)"

Sending each of their own ranged attacks or skills, Akito quickly sheathed back his sword while Merlin quickly called out towards both Shun and Akito to follow the goal.

"Dont just stand there! We need to find the Aquasphere! we don't have time to spend against the pawns of the cult... so get a move on and follow me"

As Merlin said that, he naturally led the charge forward as he ran on his white mage robe while climbing the steep pathway of the mountain cave. Following behind him both Shun and Akito darted forward as they avoided the crossfire between the Kingdom's mages and the cult members.

While the three were making their way at the mountain cave's entrance, Evelynn and Ryze had finally given a support fire from the right side of the mountain cave just in time to save a huge group of soldiers who were in a stalemate against the cult members and were stuck at the foot of the mountain. On the other hand Both Lux and Sylas finally made on the left side of the mountain cave as they opened fire towards the grouped cult members who were preparing to charge towards the general and Captain Kalego's unit.

Upon arriving Sylas quickly took the forefront of the charge as he used his skills continuously to ravage the unsuspecting Cult members.

"Abscond!!! Chain Lash!!!  Abduct!!! King slayer!!! Hijack!!! Petricite burst!!! Storm wave (Hijacked spell)!!!'

Firstly he charges forward while being surrounded by purple mana charge, before slamming down his chains towards the grouped cult members, and followed it up with a chain pull which directly closes him in towards his enemies. After that he directly lunges forward towards the closest opponent on his right, before stealing the cult member's learnt spell and followed up with a huge 360 chain swing while being empowered by bursting purple mana.

Finally after blasting away the enemies near him, he then directed his gaze towards the farthest group of cult members and struck them down with the spell that he just stole from a certain cult member.

Upon seeing his rampage, numerous cult members turned his way as they shouted out an alarm to the other members that were near the site.

"Goddamn! Someone's on a rampage! quick take him down before he can become a detriment to our cult!"

Following that alarming shout, numerous cult members who are a battle mages and were near quickly enhanced their own weapon and charged towards Sylas, on the other hand those who were faraway begun channeling their mana towards his direction to completely blow him out of the page.

However before  those said cult members could arrive, Lux then immediately came in as she blasted away the enemies with her very own instant beam of light.

"Final Spark!!!"

After that  she ran up in front of Sylas and quickly threw in another of her spell towards the faraway enemies, to force them to cancel their spells and take cover

"Lucent Singularity!!!"

After getting away from the range of the enemy, Sylas then approached Lux and commented about the part where she protected him from the enemies afar.

"Little light! You really like to save me don't you? Just like the time where you saved me from that damned eternal prison"

"I only saved you because we both have the same summoner, thus I'm inclined to help you in some way... But don't mistake me... what i did back then... i totally regretted it" said Lux with a bit of angry tone

"Feisty aren't you? nevertheless the situation from back then and now is this and that... why don't we just forget the old times and build up trust once more? what do you say? Little light!" asks Sylas as he reaches out his hand towards Lux

"You've already broken my trust through betrayal... I cant trust someone who already betrayed me once" said Lux

Upon hearing her reply, Sylas retracted his hand as he smiled back at Lux.

"Then so be it! I'll watch my hide, you'll watch yours"

With that Sylas left the sight as he goes charging towards the enemies ranks.

While the drama is brewing up near the foot of the mountain cave, Merlin together with Shun and Akito finally made it half way through  the steep path of the mountain cave. Just a bit more, they would be able to finally reach its entrance. However fate wouldn't be that easy to overcome as one great swordsman and one twin blade wielder suddenly coming ion from the side and attacked both Shun and Akito.

While Shun was able to dodged the attack of a great swordsman by using the spell flash to blink him forward, Akito on the other hand had no choice but to defend himself by unsheathing his sword and blocking the Blade slash with a horizontal block, which then pushed him back by a few steps.

Sensing that something was wrong behind him, Merlin then turned around as he saw two cult members attacking both Shun and Akito from the side, clearly a pre-planned ambush on this part of the mountain.

"Tsk!"

With a click of his tongue Merlin raised his staff unto the air as he begun channeling his mana to cast a wide range spell to blow away the ambushers. Unfortunately before he could even finish his casting, an enemy mage slip past through his notice from behind and instantly sliced its short sword across his neck.

"Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! You shouldn't have been distracted by the sudden ambush, now look how much of an opening you sho-..."

Before the cult member who slit Merlin neck could utter a single word to mock Merlin, he then saw Merlin's body turning into a molded flower petals before scattering away in the winds. In that moment he then realized that the person he killed was none other but a dummy or an illusion of Merlin Himself.

Being wary of its surroundings, the cult member who attacked Merlin then suddenly jumped forward just in time to dodge Merlin's sudden sneak attack from behind. However in comparison to the cult member short sword, Merlin delivered a sneak attack using a longsword, which naturally left a cut on the cult member's arm

"Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! You shouldn't have been distracted