Chapter 184: Every Second Count

[Outskirts of the Kingdom, Near the border]

As the attacks of the cult member fighting off against Akito grow stronger and faster per every second wasted, the latter himself was currently observing each and every movements of his opponent makes. By following the flow of the battle, Akito was sure that he would be able to see through his opponent's openings even if it were a split second.

However it is easier said than done, after all normally a human brain can process entire images that the eye sees for as little as 13 milliseconds, such is the evidence of rapid processing speed. But if Akito wanted to see through his opponent's openings who move fast and react fast, his brain would then need to process every information his brain receive for about 0.00001 second or more. Just by doing such feat alone was impossible for a normal human brain.

If Akito wanted to achieve such processing speed, he would then needed to go beyond human capabilities and step foot into the realm of the gods. But just having a rapid processing speed isn't enough, everything needs an equal force if he wanted to enact such feat. To be more specific in order to fully initiate his plan, he needed both rapid processing and  instant subconscious movement.

Sadly since Akito isn't in such realm and he is just a simple swordsman who knows a fragment of his family's swordsmanship, he then had no chance to achieve such godly feat, much less enact them through a prototype. But since this is a life and death battle situation, he has no choice but to try.

In that moment as if the whole world stopped moving, Akito's pupil constricted into a dot as he saw a slight opening coming from the wave of attacks of his opponent. However the speed of such attack was too fast for him to react and if he ever tries to take such miniscule chance, he would have a bit of 5% chance of success and 95% of failure. Nevertheless if he doesn't take such chance presented before him, he don't know when the next chance will appear and if he could ever stall for the next chance.

"Move! Damn it! Move!"

Those were the words that flooded Akito's thoughts as he forcefully moved every fiber of his muscles to go beyond the normal capabilities. With a bellowing roar, Akito then  dodges the couple of quick slashes from his opponent by swaying to left and right, before he quickly thrusted his sword towards the flurry of attacks and parry all of the strikes of his opponent.

Following that while his opponent was still shocked that he was able to stop his momentum, Akito then quickly pulled back his sword, as he spun a quick reverse 360 degrees and slashing his sword back hand upwards aiming for his opponent's head.

Unfortunately that particular cult member had immediately saw through his plan as he pulled back his head barely dodging Akito's slash, as he kicked off the ground and summersaulted through the air to put a distance between them.

After that after landing quite a distance from Akito, the cult member then instantly teleported behind him using a flash spell and readied his stance to swing his blade from his left hand aiming for Akito's back.

This time however Akito quickly sensed the presence of his opponent behind him as chill runs down his spine and subconsciously dodged the slash as he flipped backwards. Due to how close the attack had connected, the cult member's slash was only able to slice off the tip of Akito's hair.

Afterwards just before Akito fully landed on the ground, he then gathered mana unto the blade of his sword as he slashed out an attack towards the attacker.

"Tomura's Third offensive sword form Ken no Nami (Sword Wave)"

But the time he send out that attack, the cult member had then used teleport to further blink behind him and slash out his attack. In other words, Akito's attack had missed, and his opponent had surprisingly attacked him from behind once more.

With such a difference in timing, Akito was barely able to react as he glanced backward causing his left eye to get slashed by the cult member's blades.

Having his left eye getting slashed, Akito then screamed in pain as he fell to the ground while clutching the side of his injured eye. Due to the eyes having multiple veins and neurons attached, the bleeding didn't stop no matter what Akito do. But one thing is for sure is that he was completely impaired b y such an attack.

Gritting his teeth in pain as he slowly crawl away, Akito then took this chance as he glared at his opponent, as hi emotions were full of anger. However such deep anger and hatred directed towards it was meaningless in the eyes of his opponent. Without uttering a single word, that particular cult member then prepared himself to completely kill off Akito with a fatal attack

However before its attack could make a direct hit, the Head General of the Kingdom of Avalon then suddenly squeezed in between them as he blocked the cult member's blade with his own sword, and blast him away using a type of null magic.

"Impact!!!"

As that cult member got blown away, the Head General then took a glance towards Akito as he immediately gave out an order to the rest of his subordinates fighting off near him.

"We got an injured soldier! Get the clerics!"

Hearing his shout, the rest of the soldier then quickly conveyed his message as they begun bringing in the clerics to heal Akito's wounds. While that was happening, the Head General then reassured Akito by speaking a few words to him.

"Don't worry! You've done enough! I've seen you fight... you've truly proven your worth when trying to fight such a person beyond your caliber, you ne3ed to rest now.... leave everything to me"

Hearing those words, Akito couldn't help but feel bitter when hearing those words, due to the fact that he wasn't able to finish off his opponent this time. No matter what, he was truly lacking as a fighter.

On the other hand when the Head General finished reassuring Akito, he then faced that cult member as he proudly announced his entrance.

"I am the Head General of the Kingdom of Avalon, the leader of it's military force, I am here now to take your head.... So prepare yourself you rebels"