Chapter 197: The Spear That Divided The Sea III

[Outskirts of the Kingdom, Near the border]

Taking the frontal charge, Mordred started the attack as she rushes forward by leaping to the air and slashing down her sword towards Asmodeus. After that when her sword barely just grazed along the latter's spear, she then followed up with a cross slash and a circular spin slash which was all blocked by Asmodeus spear.

Using his own strength Asmodeus pushed off Mordred with a trudge from his spear as he quickly squeezed in a stab right towards her abdomen armor. However in an unexpected twist of fate, Mordred suddenly shifted her weight on her heel as she forced her body to spin around in order to dodge the incoming strike. With that in just a split second she was able to dodged the spear, putting her in a position to quickly counter back towards her opponent.

Gathering mana unto her sword which condensed into red lightning coiling around her arm, she then slash down in full force with an intent to blow everything away in a huge blast. Unfortunately even thought Asmodeus was caught off guard by that sudden irregular dodge, he was still able to react fast enough to form an instantaneous barrier around him using the surplus energy he had absorb from the Aquasphere.

With rushing water and red lightning clashing against each other, a huge blast then exploded in that specific location as the wind pushed off every debris that was surrounding them. But between the two of them, Mordred was the one that got blown away from the clash of power due to her inferior quality of mana.

After Mordred got blown away, Lionel quickly came in from the opposite side as he started his initial attack with a straight punch to the head. Unfortunately despite all the smoke and that sudden attack, Asmodeus was still able to dodged such attack by pulling his head backwards, followed by a huge step back.

Naturally after that initial attack, Lionel quickly rushes in closer towards Asmodeus as he begun his rapid punches in quick succession. However despite the speed of his attacks arriving at a rapid pace, Asmodeus were still able to either block them or parry them with his spear. Of course he didn't forget to squeeze in some hidden counter from those rapid succession of movements. Due to that it also prove quite difficult for Lionel to suddenly shift closer towards his target , with a premonition of being hit by his hidden sneak attack from his movements.

After a 3-4-2 combo followed by a kick, he then further engulfed his hand in flames while being enhanced by the buffs that diva provided from afar. Using "War cry" to further boost his attacks, he then launched forward as he swipe down his fist which pushed back Asmodeus by a couple of steps

In an incredible speed, Lionel blitzkrieg through the plain in an instant before delivering a powerful blow from behind Asmodeus, blasting him off the ground. After that not wasting any moment, he further catches up to him in a rapid pace as he further smack him up to the air and followed by smacking him back to the ground.

The moment Asmodeus crashed to the ground, Lionel then further pick up the pace  as he straight out kick him in the stomach, causing Asmodeus to slides across the hard floor and crash unto the wall of the crater. As if that wasn't enough Lionel once more appeared before him before he plunged his fist straight to face in a powerful blow which shook the earth.

To be honest Asmodeus was clearly didn't expecting such a sudden change in the rhythm of the attack. the last thing he remember was blocking the attack from Lionel, next thing he know he was then sent flying all over while being attack all over his body. Luckily for him he had absorb a portion of the Aquasphere's power, due to that the damage from the attack was halved as the other half was repelled back by his foreign energy.

Nevertheless no matter what anyone says, he was still ragged dolled all over the place by such an opponent. With raging fury suddenly overwhelming him, he used the overwhelming pressure of the Aquasphere to blast away Lionel and coil the aura itself all over his body. Using the aura of the Aquasphere, he then  thought of using it as an enhancement as he quickly sends out a mana strike from the tip of his spear with a stab.

Like a raging torrent of water, the mana strike raged forth destroying everything in its path as it headed towards Lionel. In that moment Mordred suddenly came in between the attack and Lionel as she gathered her red lightning to her sword and swung a destructive sword wave towards that overwhelming mana strike.

As the two power clashed against each other, the strength of mana were then fully displayed as the attack made out from the Aquasphere, slowly overwhelms the attack coming from Mordred. Noticing such a variable, Mordred charged up once more as she slashed down her sword towards the mana strike, this time she will be relying with brute strength.

The moment her sword clashed against the mana strike, Mordred then felt a numbing pain all over her arm as she grit her teeth while enduring the pain all over her body. Tightening her grip in order to not let go of her sword, she then implanted her feet unto the ground as she forced her whole body to stand its ground.

Naturally with all her effort, it then eventually paid off as her power finally managed to destroy the raging mana strike. However as a result, Mordred's armor are cracked all over along side some cracks and chipped part on her sword. From its state alone, one can see just how strong was the strike itself.

"Mordred!" called out by Lionel

"I'm fine!" said by Mordred as she wipe away the blood from her lips due to over exerting her body

But while the two were still recovering, Asmodeus comes in once more as he sent out another mana strike from the tip of his spear. However this time right before that attack could hit Mordred, Akito swiftly comes in and neutralized the attack of a raging torrent of water.

"Tomura's First defensive sword form Tamari Mizu (Still Water)"

Just like its name entails, still water means peace and neutrality. With such aspect of such movement, Akito would be able to neutralize any attacks that are not of a grand scale. In just one move, the mana strike disintegrated into particles, as Akito had timely intervened in between.

After neutralizing the attack,  Akito then charged forward as he used another movement.

"Tomura's Second Tactical Sword Form Sakura no odori (Dance of the cherry blossom)"

In response to his sword dance, Asmodeus then answered in his own showmanship of the spear.

"Ripple stride!!!"

With that both of them clashed all over the place as both sword and spear attack each other over and over again. 1st strike to 10th strike both of them begun to move out of their place, 11th strike to 20th strike they then coursed through the ground, 21th strike to 30th strike both of them finally got out of the crater as they then shot out their respective ranged attack towards each other.

"Mana Strike!!!

"Tomura's Third offensive sword form Ken no Nami (Sword Wave)"

With that a huge explosion erupted out in the air, as it force vibrated towards the surroundings.